O-Chem: IUPAC nomenclature

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

chacem

What's up.

I was wondering if any of you knew of any websites or other means of finding a substantial amount of IUPAC practice problems?

Our professor puts heavy emphasis on it (and rightfully so)-- But our book doesn't (Volhardt).

Thanks ladies and gents!

Members don't see this ad.

chacem said:
What's up.

I was wondering if any of you knew of any websites or other means of finding a substantial amount of IUPAC practice problems?

Our professor puts heavy emphasis on it (and rightfully so)-- But our book doesn't (Volhardt).

Thanks ladies and gents!

I thought volhardt and shore did a fine job at IUPAC. I actually think that is a great text. I don't know any sites with practice problems, but IUPAC is probably the easiest thing in orgo to remember.

Your right. I guess I shouldn't have phrased it the way I did: Volhardt does a great job of explaining the information, I am just out of practice problems and still feel a bit sketchy with the material.

Members don't see this ad :)
This site is also fairly decent. Practice Problems

Incidentally, I think you were right in saying that the text doesn't emphasize IUPAC rules as much. I have him as a professor this semester and he went through them rather quickly.