o-chem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazgirl24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anyone take the ACS Final for organic chemistry? How was it? was it hard with A LOT of reactions?

Members don't see this ad.

lazgirl24 said:
did anyone take the ACS Final for organic chemistry? How was it? was it hard with A LOT of reactions?

Part of my o-chem final was the ACS stuff,it was aLOT easier than the stuff my teacher made up,for sure. Yeah,its a lot of reactions,but depending on what kind of teacher you had,you should be more than ready for it by studying like you would for any other test. Did that even make sense? haha.

-Amrita

yes.. thank you. i am just really stress because my final is tomorrow. The practice test we had were really hard!! what type of questions are on it?

Members don't see this ad :)
lazgirl24 said:
yes.. thank you. i am just really stress because my final is tomorrow. The practice test we had were really hard!! what type of questions are on it?

there were a lot of reactions,but since the answer choices were multiple choice instead of a find-your-own-answer and write it in,you might find yourself getting confused,i covered all the answer choices,worked the problem out,and then checked myself against them to see if my answer was on the list,PM me if you have any specific questions,ill try to see if i can find any of my practice test questions which we went over in class

-Amrita

lazgirl24 said:

That final was a pain. Unlike the MCAT, you will have plenty of time to finish it, so take your time (most of our class was done with at least half an hour to spare). Make sure you are comfortable with your aromatics, amines and alchohols (these 3 were really stressed). The naming is really easy to figure out since all the answers are in front of you. Good luck.

I took it and did pretty well (90th percentile) with the help of the Official Study Guide.

Here's the link:

http://cfdev01.imt.uwm.edu/webdev/chemexams/web/order/SG_2004_form.pdf

It's a pretty good price, but make sure you order it a couple of weeks in advance...takes a while to get to you and then takes a while to go through it all.

Make sure you review NMR and other spectroscopy stuff....I remember those kinds of questions being on there.

Oops...just saw that your final is tomorrow....sorry about the link. Guess you can't order a book.

Good luck to you! :luck:

lazgirl24 said:

I took the ACS final too for my ochem class. It was much more basic than our tests in class. The only hard part was relearning some of the stuff from first semester, since the ACS exam tests everything. Ask your professor for sample/old tests, so you can get a feel for their questions. Also, there was an ACS review book floating around campus so you might try to get a hold of that.

Good luck! :thumbup:

-tx

thank you everybody.... i am just so burnt out right now (after taking this intensive class). I can't study!!!