OAT ADA Practice Exam vs. 3T Achiever OAT Practice Exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which is more accurate/better prep for the actual OAT, the OAT Achiever 3T or the ADA Practice exam?

• Total voters

dylan10077

Reaction score
Hello all,

I take my OAT in about a week from now (next Saturday specifically). I've used a lot of different prep materials, but this last week I'm committing nearly all my time practice exams. I've taken Chad's free OAT practice exams for each section, been using the DAT Bootcamp questions on my weaker sections. Really the only full-length exam experience I've had up until this point was the "free" ADA Practice exam that has been posted on this forum several times. I timed myself and it went fairly well, but I'm looking for more full length options. I've considered purchasing the actual ADA Practice exam for their website, but I'm worried about purchasing something too similar to the "free" ADA we've all seen here. It is also $100 for one test, whereas the ADA Achiever is three tests for $70 (120 day license). I was hoping to get some insight from anyone who has used these materials before their actual OAT, any recommendation on which direction I take? As many of you probably understand, money is tight at the moment and I was just trying to get the best value. The OAT Achiever is definitely more for less, but if the actual ADA practice exam is more similar to the OAT, then I should probably purchase it instead.. Anyway I really appreciate any help on this and I apologize for the lengthy post.

TL;DR: I'm wondering if the OAT ADA Practice exam is more accurate and more helpful than three test from the OAT Achiever website.

Members don't see this ad.

I did both and in my opinion the ADA exam is a bit more similar to the actual exam but the OAT achiever is better prep because it's way more difficult and really tests your knowledge so if you do well on it you're definitely in good shape. Even if you don't do well though, the explanations for the things that you got wrong are great and personally I used those explanations to go back and review material

Thanks for the reply, that's probably what I'll do then. I'd prefer to have more items to review as opposed to just the single exam that would just tell me approximately where I'm at.