OAT Destroyer users....question

FocusOD

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm taking the OAT at the end of next month and I started using the Destroyer which is pretty overwhelming. How do you guys use the destroyer? How many problems do you do a day? Which sections do you do a day? Also, did the destroyer questions resemble to actual OAT?

Thanks in advance.

BTW I'm also using the Achiever. Is that enough material to use?

Members don't see this ad.

The destroyer was much harder than the actual thing for me. Going through it definately helps though. To be honest, I would just skip around through it, just focusing on whatever I felt I needed to work on on a given day.

Hi, I'm taking the OAT at the end of next month and I started using the Destroyer which is pretty overwhelming. How do you guys use the destroyer? How many problems do you do a day? Which sections do you do a day? Also, did the destroyer questions resemble to actual OAT?

Thanks in advance.

BTW I'm also using the Achiever. Is that enough material to use?

For example, for biology:

separate topics from big blue book into bigger categries. What I did was study all human anatomy systems (muscle, physio, nervous sys, digestive sys, immune sys) then did destroyer questions only on these topics. As I did these qeustinos, if I got tired of doing them, I would stop even though I didn' t finish the whole questions related to these topics.
Then I studied all topics on basic bio ( enzyme, sugars, etc) then did questions only on these. Again, stopped after solving a few quetsions ( like 30 questions).

Then I studied all topics on natural sci (evolution, biome, classification, bacteria) then did questions on these..

Repeated all these untill i studied all topics.

Then as a final step, I finished all unfinished questions on another day till I finish.
Of course, I still did quesitons topic by topic (not numerically).
Also memorized the answers on destroyers since they tend to cover knowledge details that I didn't get to study.

This will save you a lot of time even though you didn't solve all questions. And you were still able to cover all topics required for OAT.

I use to do 40 or 30 questions from each section depending on how many are on the actual oat. For example, I'd do 40 bio and 30 math on Monday and then gen chem and organic chem on tuesday. However, I had gone through the whole book and dated it ahead of time so I would finish all the questions before the test. The questions seem really hard in the beginning and some make no sense but doing them and reading all of their explanations helps a lot. So maybe you can make it part of your schedule to do a specific amount of questions from each section a day to make yourself use to all types of questions.