OAT material! enough??

sarah234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got the OAT and Math destroyer, Kaplan MCAT review books for biology, gen chem, ochem, and physics, and subscribed to Chads videos. I plan on taking the OAT the end of november. Do you think this will be good enough if I study in a timely and focused manner? Or should I sign up for a Kaplan class?

Members don't see this ad.

All I used were the OAT Destroyer and then the Kaplan big book, and I did fine.

The thing that you need to know is that it's not how much material that you have. The determining factor is how much of the material that you actually go over. If you're able to watch all of Chad's videos (although I don;t know anything about them so I don't know how many there are) and the read all of the Kaplan info, then do all of the OAT destroyer problems, you'll be absolutely golden.

okay thanks! And they don't give us a periodic table during the exam? Are there any questions that we would need to look at a periodic table such as electron configurations? and are we allowed to use the simple calculator on the computer for all the sections that involve math? or is it only allowed for the physics section

Yeah in the general science portion there's a button at the bottom where you can click and it pops up with the periodic table. Honestly, I don't remember if there are any questions asking about electron configuration because I've slept since the day I took it, but I wouldn't be at liberty to say anyhow because they tell you you're not allowed to discuss the actual material on the test...... but it's obviously something that you need to know; that's basic chemistry.

The calculator is only for physics, and it's pretty much the calculator that you find on Windows XP. Very very very basic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah in the general science portion there's a button at the bottom where you can click and it pops up with the periodic table. Honestly, I don't remember if there are any questions asking about electron configuration because I've slept since the day I took it, but I wouldn't be at liberty to say anyhow because they tell you you're not allowed to discuss the actual material on the test...... but it's obviously something that you need to know; that's basic chemistry.

The calculator is only for physics, and it's pretty much the calculator that you find on Windows XP. Very very very basic.

WOAH! You mean the calculator is only for quantitative reasoning. Right?!?!?!!