OAT material

powerpuff

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Interested in writing OAT this oct. I have not yet taken anatomy/physiology tho..do you think it is okay for me to take the OAT without those courses? I do know that there are sections of anatomy/physiology on the test (biology section), but I am not too sure how in depth. Any advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

powerpuff said:
Hi all! Interested in writing OAT this oct. I have not yet taken anatomy/physiology tho..do you think it is okay for me to take the OAT without those courses? I do know that there are sections of anatomy/physiology on the test (biology section), but I am not too sure how in depth. Any advice would be appreciated!

Hello!
I took the test in August, and haven't taken anatomy or phsiology. There were only like 4 or 5 questions on the test dealing with anatomy/physiology. I studied for it by learning the chapters in my first year biology textbook and did just fine! So I guess just go into the depth covered in a first year bio text... it worked for me!

I didnt take anatomy or phsiology either. I actually used my highschool bio book, which was suprising more info than I needed.

thanks~! that's really helpful! i have another quick question as well. I am studying the general chem stuff now and doing the chemical kinetics..are we expected to do all those calculations (ie. logarithms and half life)? or are they pretty basic questions?

No, just know the basics and the relationships, not the full out equations