NerdyParsley

2+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Optometry
Hey all! I'm going to be taking my OATs in about a week or so, and I am SUPER nervous about the Physics section. I took a Kaplan course and I keep getting around 300's on my practice tests, and it doesn't seem to be improving. Overall I am getting an TS 310 AA 320. Does anyone have any experience on how Kaplan practice tests translate onto the real OATs. Also is the physics section more conceptual or is it actually like lengthy problems like the Kaplan practice tests are? Does anyone have any tips on how I should spend these last week. I've been taking a lot of practice tests and doing lots of problems, but the Kaplan problems always seems so hard...

Jun 12, 2015
usually real oat scores are much higher. You seem to be ok just keep it up and good luck

optometry52358

2+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2014
Status
Pre-Optometry
The Kaplan physics section is a lot harder and more time consuming than the real OAT. On my real exam there were a lot of questions with straightforward calculations for things like kinematics. There were also a few questions where you needed an understanding of how the variables for equations are related. Make sure you know your formulas and keep working practice problems to improve your speed! I'm sure you will do well on the OAT, my real scores were a lot higher than practice test scores! I'll link my experience if you'd like to read more!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2016-oat-experience.1214863/

Reactions: NerdyParsley