OAT re-take advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Michigan101010

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I'm looking for any guidance/insight/advice from fellow OAT "re-takers" . I used Crack the OAT before and wasn't happy with it overall when I got to the real test and compared the content. I've taken practice Kaplan tests, and have heard good things about Chad's videos and DAT bootcamp, but still need something different to help boost my overall score. I feel confident with QR and Reading in which my scored are quite high, but the rest of the subjects are lowering my averages. I also have terrible test anxiety:( I'm also wondering if I should apply to schools anyways with the hopes that they may wait for my new score in 3 months, or if i should wait to apply in August with a hopefully better score. Thanks to anyone who replies and best of luck to others out there like me persevering through re-takes!

Members don't see this ad.

I used bc and chads. Honestly you probably only need one or the other. I personally didnt retake so I cant comment on that aspect of it. But I always say that you are more than just your gpa/oat score. I would encourage you to apply! schools will most likely wait for your score. August is still very very early in the application process

let me know if you need anything, but of luck to you

Thanks so much for the reply. Just wondering if you could clarify what "bc" means? I think I'll apply and just wait for the score in August like you said and definitely dive into Chad's videos.

Thanks so much for the reply. Just wondering if you could clarify what "bc" means? I think I'll apply and just wait for the score in August like you said and definitely dive into Chad's videos.
sorry I meant DAT boot camp !