OAT Re-Take

OD2023

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I'm re-taking the OAT in July and I was wondering what were the best resources for practice questions? During the first time, I had self-studied mainly concepts via the Kaplan book but didn't get a lot of practice which hindered me a lot when it came to timing.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! The Kaplan book should of came with a couple online exams. I can't compare them to the actual OAT because I'm not taking my test until tomorrow :( They're definitely good for timing!

Did you feel the Kaplan book prepared you well for the content on the OAT? If you don't mind sharing, what was your score on the OAT the first time you took it?

Hey! My score was 320TS/330AA but my physics score was a 290. I found the Kaplan exams to be a very good stimulator for the OAT and they helped a lot with timing but it definitely wasn't enough for me. The Kaplan book was good in terms for all subjects except physics since they focused on calculations and half the oat physics was conceptual - I have always struggled with physics tbh.

Good luck on your OAT tomorrow!! :)

Hey! My score was 320TS/330AA but my physics score was a 290. I found the Kaplan exams to be a very good stimulator for the OAT and they helped a lot with timing but it definitely wasn't enough for me. The Kaplan book was good in terms for all subjects except physics since they focused on calculations and half the oat physics was conceptual - I have always struggled with physics tbh.

Good luck on your OAT tomorrow!! :)
whats the difference between the TS and the AA score?

I took my first attempt on march 6th,2018. I scored a 250. I am planning on retaking it in the middle-end of june. I am in the same situation as you because I was running out of time a lot in each section and was guessing on some questions. I also used the Kaplan to teach myself or review the stuff I already learned which i think helped bring them back to my mind. my physics wasnt good and thats because I'm not good with physics but I think what got to me was the timing.

Anyways...I plan on buying the OAT achiever that comes with practice exams and solutions. That way I can learn to manage my time.