OAT- reading comprehension?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sevy345

Reaction score
If anyone took the the 2018 OAT, were there any questions with calculations in the reading comprehension section? I've mostly been practicing with DAT bootcamp (since I heard DAT is almost identical to the OAT with exception of one section) and there weren't any questions like that except maybe 1 easy one per test. But then I started doing OAT Achiever which had a whole passage literally filled with calculations and that totally threw me off. How representative is the OAT achiever RC to the real thing?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't have any calculations on my OAT for the reading comprehension and didn't hear anyone have any of that too. I didn't use the OAT achiever but the actual OAT I remember was a bit easier than what I was expecting. Questions were basically given in order with the passages.

I didn't have any calculations on my OAT for the reading comprehension and didn't hear anyone have any of that too. I didn't use the OAT achiever but the actual OAT I remember was a bit easier than what I was expecting. Questions were basically given in order with the passages.
Oh I see, thank you! Yea that definitely sounds a lot easier

Members don't see this ad :)
My suggestion is to go to this link and purchase the reading comprehension section. It's very similar to the real thing and really helped me prepare Test Preparation

I took the OAT 4 days ago and did not have any calculations! I can definitely say that DAT Bootcamp is very representative of the reading sections as well as Kaplan. Just make sure you time yourself and practice highlighting! Made a huge difference for me on test day.

Reactions: 1 user