OAT Reading passage. People who have taken oat already

ZooZoo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am practicing the reading section by reading verbals from MCAT from Princeton review. It seems really hard because what you read its hard to understand what its actually about as well as the answers are tricky becuase what you may think the answer is that is not the answer. For the OAT, can u give me some feed back how the passages were like? Where they long? how were the questions? What is the best way so you dont run out of time? Is it best to read the passage and answer the questions going back to the passage each time but what if there is not enough time? Can you tell me how you guys mastered the READING portion.

Members don't see this ad.

Just took mine today! passages were from 7-10 paragraphs. questions were mostly detail and you had to search the passage. I thought it was pretty easy...tho i only scored 330...lol I did the method where you "outline" each paragraph with one or two words to describe the paragraphs main topic. that helped a lot. I didnt read any of them all the way thru, i skimmed and made the outline from my skimming. I had more than 10 mins left once i finished my first run thru!

Reactions: 1 user
Just took mine today! passages were from 7-10 paragraphs. questions were mostly detail and you had to search the passage. I thought it was pretty easy...tho i only scored 330...lol I did the method where you "outline" each paragraph with one or two words to describe the paragraphs main topic. that helped a lot. I didnt read any of them all the way thru, i skimmed and made the outline from my skimming. I had more than 10 mins left once i finished my first run thru!

congrats u did well:) how many questions were asked on each passage? Do you recommend skimming and outlinning ?

congrats u did well:) how many questions were asked on each passage? Do you recommend skimming and outlinning ?

If you can explain how the quantative section was like as well as Organic Chemistry ? Im reviewing the kaplan book and there is tons of chapters on orgo

Members don't see this ad :)
They varied. The first one had the most questions maybe around 15? it was the shortest passage. The QR was hard :/ I would definitely do as many practice questions as you can! And ochem was pretty easy. Basic reactions and then really straightforward conceptual!

And yeah I like the skimming and outline. Then you can go back with all that leftover time and do all the hard marked ones!