OAT retake January 2020.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blain85

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I took my OAT today and it did not go well at all.
Scores:

Bio - 300
Gen Chem - 310
OChem - 250
RC - 320
QR - 210
Phys - 250

As you can see three of the sections were decent enough, but the other three are awful QR being embarrassing beyond words and Ochem and phys being sub-par. However, I will be (as soon as I can) retaking to up those. I am applying to 19 schools but am hesitant to submit my application with such atrocious scores. I have 35+ hours of shadowing six different doctors (2 ophthalmologists), 100 hrs of volunteer work and am currently working full time as well as going to school full time. Should I still submit or wait until I can retake?

As for the scores, I spent more time studying gen chem and bio than the others (RC is a moderately easy subject for me) I have used chads videos to relearn organic and physics (I'm a non trad student, and got a B+ in Orgo 1 and 2 and B+ in physics 1 and 2 as well) I am unsure of how to improve my scores aside from watching Chad's videos and doing the quizzes. I also am sub'd to course saver, and have the big purple Kaplan book from 17-18. I've read people liked OAT destroyer and cracking the OAT. Does anyone have any helpful advice or books/questions I can purchase to help get my low scores (at a minimum) over 300? Or any advice on study habits, I took the exam from 1-5pm. and work from 4-midnight 5 days a week and usually study during that time and in between classes during the day. I have a pdf of Feralis Bio notes which seem organized and quite helpful. I have printed off Chad's outlines for OChem, Physics and Gen Chem as well.

Members don't see this ad.

How long did you study and for how many hrs a day? Was the QR section very difficult?

What is your GPA? If your GPA is top notch, you may be able to get some interviews

Hey everyone,
I took my OAT today and it did not go well at all.
Scores:

Bio - 300
Gen Chem - 310
OChem - 250
RC - 320
QR - 210
Phys - 250

As you can see three of the sections were decent enough, but the other three are awful QR being embarrassing beyond words and Ochem and phys being sub-par. However, I will be (as soon as I can) retaking to up those. I am applying to 19 schools but am hesitant to submit my application with such atrocious scores. I have 35+ hours of shadowing six different doctors (2 ophthalmologists), 100 hrs of volunteer work and am currently working full time as well as going to school full time. Should I still submit or wait until I can retake?

As for the scores, I spent more time studying gen chem and bio than the others (RC is a moderately easy subject for me) I have used chads videos to relearn organic and physics (I'm a non trad student, and got a B+ in Orgo 1 and 2 and B+ in physics 1 and 2 as well) I am unsure of how to improve my scores aside from watching Chad's videos and doing the quizzes. I also am sub'd to course saver, and have the big purple Kaplan book from 17-18. I've read people liked OAT destroyer and cracking the OAT. Does anyone have any helpful advice or books/questions I can purchase to help get my low scores (at a minimum) over 300? Or any advice on study habits, I took the exam from 1-5pm. and work from 4-midnight 5 days a week and usually study during that time and in between classes during the day. I have a pdf of Feralis Bio notes which seem organized and quite helpful. I have printed off Chad's outlines for OChem, Physics and Gen Chem as well.

Hi, Im kind of in a similar situation as you, did you ever end up going ahead and submitting your application? If so did you receive any offers from schools? Im really worried about my stats and just want some hope that there have been others with similar scores who have been able to get a spot.