OAT Scores/Experience

rush2112

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my OAT 12/29. I didn't have much time to study for it, I just started near the end of this semester of 18 credit hours and with Thanksgiving and Christmas on top of work I didn't get in a whole lot of quality review. I did hit the books hard for he past week or so and used the Kaplan book along with the Kaplan OAT course book that I bought from someone on this forum.

My practice tests in the Kaplan book were consistent with one another I took one before review, and one after the scores were:

Bio - 270 before 310 After
Orgo - 320 before 350 After
Gen Chem - 260 before 290 after
Phys- 320 before 330 after
QR - 330 before 350 after
RC - 370 before didn't review got a 360 on the second pre-test

My actual OAT scores are as follows:
Bio - 340
Orgo- 290
Gen Chem- 330
Phys- 290
QR- 330
RC-330

I was wondering if anyone could comment on if they had similar scores and got interviews? I am nervous about it. I was really confused in the orgo/physics because they weer my two strongest subjects in the pre tests- I nailed them and on the real thing I barely recognized a lot ofthem, could that just be a bad batch of questions? It seemed like a lot of the material was different than what the review books had. Anyone else think the same thing?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Depending on your GPA, shadowing experiences, etc., these scores will get you into most opt schools. Don't sweat it. Apply as soon as possible and you will get interviews.