OAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PLPrincess

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mine came in today.... :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

cool ... that means my bf's scores are coming anytime now too .. thanks :)

that means ppl could be intereviewing at SCCO anytime now!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got SCCO interview invite :) I called and they told me my OAT score. I'm really happy with my score and relieved!!! :D

PLPrincess said:
Mine came in today.... :thumbdown:
Mine aren’t in yet. But someone at one of the schools told me today that my score was under 300 +pissed+

i just got my scores in the mail today. i came out of the exam thinking i totally bombed it but surprisingly i did pretty well...got a 340 for my total science score. now i can just relax during my winter break and not have to worry about studying for the feb exam.

dj1013 said:
i just got my scores in the mail today. i came out of the exam thinking i totally bombed it but surprisingly i did pretty well...got a 340 for my total science score. now i can just relax during my winter break and not have to worry about studying for the feb exam.

unlike some of us that have to go through this again in February....

Oat Results Now In Canada!!! :D :D :D

YOu must did really really well !! with so many :D 's!!

hahaha,
mostly just relieved to finally know...
Total: 340
Science: 360

jefguth,

congratz to you too! =).. hope you can get into waterloo! =P
(or whichever school u r applying)

Katalio

Thanks Katalio!

I'll be applying to Waterloo this winter, but the chances of getting in aren't too wonderful so I hope to finish up my apps for SUNY, NECO, and ICO in the next month or so...

Have you applied yet? And did u get any profs for references yet? I'm still desperately looking ...procrastinating...

wow, y'all have been busy since I've been gone.

Congrats to all those who did as well or better than expected on the OAT :D
:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
THat's basically my problem right now, reference letters!! grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
I got one from my supervisor, one from an OD.
but I still need more from my university and i have no idea how to get them.
I guess if I'm desperate, I'l lask the prof that I did pretty well in...
PCO requires 3 from science profs..that's just..............too hard! -__-

I applied to NECO, PCO and ICO
NECO - no words! hehe.. hope I get an interview.
PCO - no interview yet either
ICO - I forgot to send in transcript! HAHA!

Katalio said:
PCO requires 3 from science profs..that's just..............too hard! -__-

... and thats why I refuse to even bother with PCO :cool:

Usually is the application deadline on the website the date when you have to have everything handed in??
or can you like..hand in the rest of the stuff sometime later?

Do LOR mean a lot to optometry school? I read a post by a member that LOR doenst' really matter that much since a lot of them are generic...... how would you guys go about on asking for LOR?
Email? in person? what do u do if u Email them ?do u attach your resume or CV or sumthing ?

Thx

Katalio

I did alright on the OAT but I did horrible on Organic Chem.... I'm guessing I've got to retake it....

I-Ball said:
I did alright on the OAT but I did horrible on Organic Chem.... I'm guessing I've got to retake it....

Hey guys!

I've been a regular visitor to this site for the past month but this is my first posting. I was very excited to find out about it. Theres so much valuable advice and information. I really appreciate it thanks!

I-Ball, I took the OATs in october for the first time and i wasnt prepared for it. I just started taking o.chem this semester and we hadnt got to any of what the OAT ochem section consisted of. I managed a 280 on O.chem and a 310 total. I contacted SCCO to ask if i should retake it and they said it was fine since my gpa is high (3.8). So if your GPA is high and you did ok overall on the OAT then you should be fine. Contact the schools you applied to for more info.

:)

ODra said:
Hey guys!

I've been a regular visitor to this site for the past month but this is my first posting. I was very excited to find out about it. Theres so much valuable advice and information. I really appreciate it thanks!

I-Ball, I took the OATs in october for the first time and i wasnt prepared for it. I just started taking o.chem this semester and we hadnt got to any of what the OAT ochem section consisted of. I managed a 280 on O.chem and a 310 total. I contacted SCCO to ask if i should retake it and they said it was fine since my gpa is high (3.8). So if your GPA is high and you did ok overall on the OAT then you should be fine. Contact the schools you applied to for more info.

ODra -
Welcome :)
Quick question, are you a 3rd year or 4th?

Thanks PLPrincess :)

I'm actually a community college student in california. I took all my prereqs there and the only reason we have an upper division ochem class is because UCDavis was impacted and so our ochem class is through them.

I was so nervous when I opened up the envelope to see my scores...that I tore the thing in half!! :laugh:

ODra said:
Hey guys!

Yeah I actually didn't study very hard fot the OAT and kinda just took it to see what it was like... I did worse than you on O.Chem but my science avg was also a 310. I think I will get in touch with the schools but I had planned to retake the OAT in Feb before even haven taken it in Oct and unfortuantely my GPA isn't very high so I don't think they'll let it slide but I guess we'll see...