You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
OAT scores
Started by PLPrincess
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine arent in yet. But someone at one of the schools told me today that my score was under 300PLPrincess said:Mine came in today.... 👎

i just got my scores in the mail today. i came out of the exam thinking i totally bombed it but surprisingly i did pretty well...got a 340 for my total science score. now i can just relax during my winter break and not have to worry about studying for the feb exam.
dj1013 said:i just got my scores in the mail today. i came out of the exam thinking i totally bombed it but surprisingly i did pretty well...got a 340 for my total science score. now i can just relax during my winter break and not have to worry about studying for the feb exam.
unlike some of us that have to go through this again in February....
Thanks Katalio!
I'll be applying to Waterloo this winter, but the chances of getting in aren't too wonderful so I hope to finish up my apps for SUNY, NECO, and ICO in the next month or so...
Have you applied yet? And did u get any profs for references yet? I'm still desperately looking ...procrastinating...
I'll be applying to Waterloo this winter, but the chances of getting in aren't too wonderful so I hope to finish up my apps for SUNY, NECO, and ICO in the next month or so...
Have you applied yet? And did u get any profs for references yet? I'm still desperately looking ...procrastinating...
wow, y'all have been busy since I've been gone.
Congrats to all those who did as well or better than expected on the OAT 😀

Congrats to all those who did as well or better than expected on the OAT 😀

THat's basically my problem right now, reference letters!! grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
I got one from my supervisor, one from an OD.
but I still need more from my university and i have no idea how to get them.
I guess if I'm desperate, I'l lask the prof that I did pretty well in...
PCO requires 3 from science profs..that's just..............too hard! -__-
I applied to NECO, PCO and ICO
NECO - no words! hehe.. hope I get an interview.
PCO - no interview yet either
ICO - I forgot to send in transcript! HAHA!
I got one from my supervisor, one from an OD.
but I still need more from my university and i have no idea how to get them.
I guess if I'm desperate, I'l lask the prof that I did pretty well in...
PCO requires 3 from science profs..that's just..............too hard! -__-
I applied to NECO, PCO and ICO
NECO - no words! hehe.. hope I get an interview.
PCO - no interview yet either
ICO - I forgot to send in transcript! HAHA!
Katalio said:PCO requires 3 from science profs..that's just..............too hard! -__-
... and thats why I refuse to even bother with PCO 😎
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOLKatalio said:PCO requires 3 from science profs..that's just..............too hard! -__-
Usually is the application deadline on the website the date when you have to have everything handed in??
or can you like..hand in the rest of the stuff sometime later?
Do LOR mean a lot to optometry school? I read a post by a member that LOR doenst' really matter that much since a lot of them are generic...... how would you guys go about on asking for LOR?
Email? in person? what do u do if u Email them ?do u attach your resume or CV or sumthing ?
Thx
Katalio
or can you like..hand in the rest of the stuff sometime later?
Do LOR mean a lot to optometry school? I read a post by a member that LOR doenst' really matter that much since a lot of them are generic...... how would you guys go about on asking for LOR?
Email? in person? what do u do if u Email them ?do u attach your resume or CV or sumthing ?
Thx
Katalio
I-Ball said:I did alright on the OAT but I did horrible on Organic Chem.... I'm guessing I've got to retake it....
Hey guys!
I've been a regular visitor to this site for the past month but this is my first posting. I was very excited to find out about it. Theres so much valuable advice and information. I really appreciate it thanks!
I-Ball, I took the OATs in october for the first time and i wasnt prepared for it. I just started taking o.chem this semester and we hadnt got to any of what the OAT ochem section consisted of. I managed a 280 on O.chem and a 310 total. I contacted SCCO to ask if i should retake it and they said it was fine since my gpa is high (3.8). So if your GPA is high and you did ok overall on the OAT then you should be fine. Contact the schools you applied to for more info.
🙂
ODra said:Hey guys!
I've been a regular visitor to this site for the past month but this is my first posting. I was very excited to find out about it. Theres so much valuable advice and information. I really appreciate it thanks!
I-Ball, I took the OATs in october for the first time and i wasnt prepared for it. I just started taking o.chem this semester and we hadnt got to any of what the OAT ochem section consisted of. I managed a 280 on O.chem and a 310 total. I contacted SCCO to ask if i should retake it and they said it was fine since my gpa is high (3.8). So if your GPA is high and you did ok overall on the OAT then you should be fine. Contact the schools you applied to for more info.
🙂
ODra -
Welcome 🙂
Quick question, are you a 3rd year or 4th?
Thanks PLPrincess 🙂
I'm actually a community college student in california. I took all my prereqs there and the only reason we have an upper division ochem class is because UCDavis was impacted and so our ochem class is through them.
I'm actually a community college student in california. I took all my prereqs there and the only reason we have an upper division ochem class is because UCDavis was impacted and so our ochem class is through them.
I was so nervous when I opened up the envelope to see my scores...that I tore the thing in half!! 

ODra said:Hey guys!
I've been a regular visitor to this site for the past month but this is my first posting. I was very excited to find out about it. Theres so much valuable advice and information. I really appreciate it thanks!
I-Ball, I took the OATs in october for the first time and i wasnt prepared for it. I just started taking o.chem this semester and we hadnt got to any of what the OAT ochem section consisted of. I managed a 280 on O.chem and a 310 total. I contacted SCCO to ask if i should retake it and they said it was fine since my gpa is high (3.8). So if your GPA is high and you did ok overall on the OAT then you should be fine. Contact the schools you applied to for more info.
🙂
Yeah I actually didn't study very hard fot the OAT and kinda just took it to see what it was like... I did worse than you on O.Chem but my science avg was also a 310. I think I will get in touch with the schools but I had planned to retake the OAT in Feb before even haven taken it in Oct and unfortuantely my GPA isn't very high so I don't think they'll let it slide but I guess we'll see...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 216
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 213
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 343
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 66