OAT Topscore Vs. OAT Achiever?

mseyes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which one is a better study tool for the OAT practice tests? Please share any insight you have. Whether you've used it and hated it or used it and loved it! thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I used OAT Achiever and really liked it. It is a program that you install on your computer. It has 3 full practice tests which are simulations of the actual testing module (including the calculator and timing). It provides you with theoretical scores and also explains all answers. I also thought that the scores were pretty reflective of my actual OAT score. I think that if you make sure you know how to do each and every problem, you're pretty set. The one exception may be biology because when I took the OAT earlier this month, the questions were just random, probably trying to adjust to make 300 the mean, again. I did get a 390 though (used big Kaplan DAT book + am bio major).

I had also gotten OAT Destroyer but didn't have enough time to go through more than a couple problems in each section. I didn't really need it in the end.

As for Topscore, didn't hear much about it before so never looked into it.

I got 350AA and 350TS btw.

Did achiever give you the solutions to the incorrect questions from the exam? Apparently top score does not for the OAT. Only for the DAT prep exams

Did achiever give you the solutions to the incorrect questions from the exam? Apparently top score does not for the OAT. Only for the DAT prep exams
After you finish the test, you can review each and every question and see the solutions and explanations to questions you answered incorrectly as well as the ones you answered correctly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! That is great! Top score doesn't give you the solutions, I'm freaking out bc the answers I didn't get in physics, It's taking me forever to figure out what I did wrong. I should have bought the achiever! This is total bull, no choice now, my exam is on friday. Thank you for all the input! Your thoughts are greatly appreciated

Wow! That is great! Top score doesn't give you the solutions, I'm freaking out bc the answers I didn't get in physics, It's taking me forever to figure out what I did wrong. I should have bought the achiever! This is total bull, no choice now, my exam is on friday. Thank you for all the input! Your thoughts are greatly appreciated

From what I remember, for TopScore OAT, they give you the correct answers for every question, but they don't give you the explanations on how to solve each problem, so in that sense you do have to figure out how to do the problem yourself. I found that helpful for studying though (so you're not too tempted to just look at the solutions).

I liked TopScore and thought it was pretty similar to the actual OAT. Never tried Achiever.

My top score scores aren't where I want them to be and i have 4 days till my exam. any advice? I starting to get really discouraged. my Total score is 290, Bio:300, Gen Chem 290, Orgo 300, Physics 290, RC: 290, QR: 290. wow!

Are those the scores you got on the TopScore tests? I wouldn't cram too much a few days before the test, I doubt that would help. Make sure you got your physics equations down pat so you can write them out during your test break.. And just pace yourself, but be wary of the time. Are you finishing each section with enough time? That was the most difficult part for me. You have to figure out what types of questions are gonna take too much time and aren't worth struggling over. Every question is worth the same, but they definitely do not all take the same amount of time to work out.

Yes, those are the scores to my second Top score exam. The physics sections was crazy on the second exam. For time, it's really physics that holds me back, I just make it for the QR time. For physics though have to figure out which equation is the best and fastest to use.. and thats what is taking the most time! Thats a good idea about writing them down. Thank You for writing back, I appreciate that

I found that on the actual exam, the amount of calculations are actually pretty minimal. It seems daunting at first, but most of the problems that require any calculations just require either 1-2 steps of calculations (this goes for physics and gen chem). As for QR, surprisingly this was the hardest section for me to finish on the actual test (usually one of my better sections). All the other sections, I found I wasn't as pressed for time on the real test, especially if I skipped the problems I knew were going to take a while (and coming back to them at the end of course)

Yes, those are the scores to my second Top score exam. The physics sections was crazy on the second exam. For time, it's really physics that holds me back, I just make it for the QR time. For physics though have to figure out which equation is the best and fastest to use.. and thats what is taking the most time! Thats a good idea about writing them down. Thank You for writing back, I appreciate that
I don't know how TopScore scores translate to the actual test. If you really are uncertain, you can reschedule your test for later with a fee. You may have to do this w/in 4 business days though ...

I don't know how TopScore scores translate to the actual test. If you really are uncertain, you can reschedule your test for later with a fee. You may have to do this w/in 4 business days though ...

Online it says that, but I actually did it two nights before my test, and it was fine.

I'm meeting with a tutor one more time before the exam to make sure I'm doing the quickest and most effecient ways to get through the exam. He specializes in Standardized exams and actually took the Mcat himself. I'm going to show him my technique and see if he has any words of advice. I'm not going to punk out because of my nerves. I know I can do this, I just gotta do my best! thanks for all of your advice, It's really nice to know someone else actually cares to put their 2 cents in lol anyway I'll let you know how it goes, Hope you make it into your dream school!! Good luck :)