Ob-gyn Advice Needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NORMALDOC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some thoughts and advice-ladies and gentlemen
I interviewed at 9 OBGIN programs, all university, my profile is USMLE-97,92 IMG,USCE
haven't had any feedback from them so far.
shall i take it as an indication that i was not liked on interviews and will not be ranked by the programs? coz i hear most applicants who are ranked get some indication from programs that they will be ranked, right?

please advise as if so i may start looking to other specialities, if that's the case, though it's pretty late now.
thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

9 Invites for an IMG is good, so don't worry much. Also realize that many programs have not yet finalized their ROL, and that may be a reason as to why you haven't heard anything. Regardless, to better position yourself:

1. Relax and enjoy your time off as the stress will not do you any good
2. Make sure all the programs you interviewed at have at least a "thank you" card from you
3. Organize all your documents for a possible scramble, as this is something an IMG, no matter how well qualified, should always have prepared
4. Forget the other specialties at this point as the ROL will soon be submitted. You may, if you think that the situation is that bad, start looking at back ups for scramblebut I doubt you'll go unmatched

Best of Luck!