OB/GYN + IM or FM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fsunavybabe

allopathic med student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've looked through Frieda and other places the closest I see is

UC Davis ' s FP/OB residency.

is that it?

If so ... what's the process of doing 2 residencies? (obviously being in school for the rest of my life isn't exactly the goal but ...) What do you do then? Match in one, do it and then match in another in a few years? Do residencies accept physicians into residency programs? (Like you match in OB/GYN and then apply to match in FM?)

Members don't see this ad.

If so ... what's the process of doing 2 residencies? (obviously being in school for the rest of my life isn't exactly the goal but ...) What do you do then? Match in one, do it and then match in another in a few years? Do residencies accept physicians into residency programs? (Like you match in OB/GYN and then apply to match in FM?)

Probably would be difficult since the federal government only pays for just for ONE residency. So whoever takes you for your second residency would not get any federal funding.

At least that's what one classmate, who was looking into doing IM + Neurology, told me.