OB/Gyn schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keithslc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone post an example of a typical OB/Gyn daily schedule. One who shares on-call? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

very interesting question. ob/gyn schedule is very unpredictable. i can tell you what's set in stone where i rotated. i was in a group practice of 6. all the docs have 8 am - 5 pm clinic 3.5 - 4 days/week. 1 - 2 days of surgery/ week. 1 24hr period/week on call. One full weekend/month on call. Of course clinic always ran behind with add ons so we usually didnt get out til 6:30-7 pm, then doc had to catch up on paperwork..which took him til 8:30-9 pm. Surgery and call days were extremely busy. Some specialties have call days where they go about their lives and wait for their beeper which may or may not go off. on Ob/gyn call, you live at the hospital for practically 24 hrs. in the practice where i was, we delivered babies for everyone in the group when on call. in other words, dont go into ob/gyn if you dont like to work :)

don't forget about the weekly scheduled meeting with your defense lawyer.