RangerDO

10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Two questions:
1. I attended IOBC (Infantry Officer Basic Course) for the Army in 2001. I am currently an Army HPSP student that will graduate in 2009. I have not attended the Medical OBC. Will I have to attend the Med OBC before/after residency? Where/what are the regs concerning this matter?

2. Will the Army pay for the shipment of my household goods to the post that I will be doing my internship/residency? Where/what are the regs concerning this issue?

Thanks

Kingfisher

Active contact
10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2008
Haze Grey
Status
Attending Physician
Two questions:
1. I attended IOBC (Infantry Officer Basic Course) for the Army in 2001. I am currently an Army HPSP student that will graduate in 2009. I have not attended the Medical OBC. Will I have to attend the Med OBC before/after residency? Where/what are the regs concerning this matter?

2. Will the Army pay for the shipment of my household goods to the post that I will be doing my internship/residency? Where/what are the regs concerning this issue?

Thanks
1. Maybe some of the Army guys can step up to the plate and let you know what the regs say. I can't seem to find any of them, I think they are written down somewhere in crayon. :laugh: For the Navy, If you were previously a commissioned officer you don't have to play those stupid games.

2. The answer is yes, because you will have orders to report to your residency/internship. The regs should be the same as for the regular army when moving to your PDS. Just wait until you get your orders and call your travel office.

BTW, how is your PEDS rotation going? It was good to hear from you the other day. Say hi to your family for me. ;)

DogFaceMedic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Two questions:

Thanks
1. No. I did IOBC in a prior life time as well. You will not need another OBC. In fact, a waiver should already be in your file. I did not even have to request it. It is possible to have the CCC (former AOBC) waived as well based on prior experience. I'll let you know if I pull that one off.

2. Yes. It is a PCS move and you will have it in your orders.

Brotherhood of Benning School for Boys Alumni