• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

OBC/Move to Residency post

RangerDO

10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2008
  1. Medical Student
Two questions:
1. I attended IOBC (Infantry Officer Basic Course) for the Army in 2001. I am currently an Army HPSP student that will graduate in 2009. I have not attended the Medical OBC. Will I have to attend the Med OBC before/after residency? Where/what are the regs concerning this matter?

2. Will the Army pay for the shipment of my household goods to the post that I will be doing my internship/residency? Where/what are the regs concerning this issue?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Kingfisher

Active contact
10+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2008
Haze Grey
  1. Attending Physician
Two questions:
1. I attended IOBC (Infantry Officer Basic Course) for the Army in 2001. I am currently an Army HPSP student that will graduate in 2009. I have not attended the Medical OBC. Will I have to attend the Med OBC before/after residency? Where/what are the regs concerning this matter?

2. Will the Army pay for the shipment of my household goods to the post that I will be doing my internship/residency? Where/what are the regs concerning this issue?

Thanks
1. Maybe some of the Army guys can step up to the plate and let you know what the regs say. I can't seem to find any of them, I think they are written down somewhere in crayon. :laugh: For the Navy, If you were previously a commissioned officer you don't have to play those stupid games.

2. The answer is yes, because you will have orders to report to your residency/internship. The regs should be the same as for the regular army when moving to your PDS. Just wait until you get your orders and call your travel office.

BTW, how is your PEDS rotation going? It was good to hear from you the other day. Say hi to your family for me. ;)

Upvote 0

DogFaceMedic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2006
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Two questions:

Thanks

1. No. I did IOBC in a prior life time as well. You will not need another OBC. In fact, a waiver should already be in your file. I did not even have to request it. It is possible to have the CCC (former AOBC) waived as well based on prior experience. I'll let you know if I pull that one off.

2. Yes. It is a PCS move and you will have it in your orders.

Brotherhood of Benning School for Boys Alumni

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.