OBGYN forced to resign

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I said it before, I experienced difficulties. I made mistakes. By no means these carry the weight to be forced to resign. Never put a life in danger either. Giving up is not an option. I already had a project for research I was developing. I will either do research on the meantime and then reapply if necessary. I know you can do it with B1 visa as I have done it before. Thank you everyone who replied in this post, I really appreciate it.

Dont let these naysayers get you down man, if you did it once, you can do it again. Just remember though, this may be the last chance you are able to redeem yourself. If you are forced to resign again for the 3rd time, then I have to agree with everyone here that it's time to call it quits.

And if you are who i think you are, i know you were not a bad resident in the OR....reallyyyyy do wish you last bit of suturing was faster though, especially at 2 in the morning. Jk jk.

Members don't see this ad.

Be very careful regarding your visa status. If you are terminated on a J visa, you must leave the US immediately. The 30 day grace period only applies if you successfully finish the program. Therefore, you need to 1) make sure your prior B visa is still valid, and hasn't been cancelled (which sometimes happens when you get a J visa), 2) file the correct paper work to change your visa status from J to B /or/ leave the US, and then re-enter on a B visa. If you become out of status on your J, you may end up with great difficulties in the future getting another J.

Another important question to answer is whether you qualify for a second J visa without first completing your 2 year HRR rule. I don't know the answer, but you should ask a visa lawyer if this is your plan.

Reactions: 1 users
Dont let these naysayers get you down man, if you did it once, you can do it again. Just remember though, this may be the last chance you are able to redeem yourself. If you are forced to resign again for the 3rd time, then I have to agree with everyone here that it's time to call it quits.

And if you are who i think you are, i know you were not a bad resident in the OR....reallyyyyy do wish you last bit of suturing was faster though, especially at 2 in the morning. Jk jk.

this is not helpful to the OP...getting a 2nd chance as an FMG, in OB no less was impressive...just as failing to succeed for a 2nd time is impressive for all the wrong reasons...and if the OP can't (or won't ) acknowledge that he is the root of his issues (and not the system, not other residents or attendings or that because his current program found out he was on probation at his old program was the ONLY reason that he was put on probation) he WILL continue to make the same mistakes...

Reactions: 2 users
I think the OP needs to think about his/her own pluses and minuses in terms of ability. Take from that what you will and look at specialties that line up more with the pluses than the minuses. You'll be much more successful that way. You'll probably be happier not doing OB anyways.

There is only one option left

Gustavo-the-Gardentor-Pic_t479.jpg

I think the OP needs to think about his/her own pluses and minuses in terms of ability. Take from that what you will and look at specialties that line up more with the pluses than the minuses. You'll be much more successful that way. You'll probably be happier not doing OB anyways.
If OP knew or owned his minuses my bet is he wouldn't have repeated them. But honestly a lot of the things that would put you on probation (x2) in one field would cause you problems in every field.

Reactions: 1 user
If OP knew or owned his minuses my bet is he wouldn't have repeated them. But honestly a lot of the things that would put you on probation (x2) in one field would cause you problems in every field.

Agree with your initial point.
With the second point, it depends. If it was with regards to floor pts and managing pts, sure. If it was something specific to OBGYN, maybe not. If it was "professionalism" issues, then for sure.