OBGYN ideas to present to residents.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

carlosc1dbz

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need to do a case presentation, real or made up about a case in OB or GYN. One girl is doing her case on how to treat a pregnancy in which a patient has Marfan syndrome. I just wanted to know if you guys could give me some good ideas about a certain topic or case you might have come across. I dont want to talk about something they see every day, but I also dont want to talk about something so rare, my presentation will not help them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I was thinking maybe of talking about how to manage a pregnancy in a patient who is now in a vegetative state or maybe a brain dead state. Any ideas welcome. Thanks.
 
I need to do a case presentation, real or made up about a case in OB or GYN. One girl is doing her case on how to treat a pregnancy in which a patient has Marfan syndrome. I just wanted to know if you guys could give me some good ideas about a certain topic or case you might have come across. I dont want to talk about something they see every day, but I also dont want to talk about something so rare, my presentation will not help them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I was thinking maybe of talking about how to manage a pregnancy in a patient who is now in a vegetative state or maybe a brain dead state. Any ideas welcome. Thanks.


What about acute and chronic management of pregnancy in an epileptic patient?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any ideas for an MFM rotation? I had an interesting case of conjoined twins last year. Would that be too specific?
 
Conjoined might be too specific, but you can try:
twining
twin twin transfusion syndrome
antepartum issues with twin pregnancy

other good topics:
evaluation of recurrent pregnancy loss
advanced maternal age
thrombocytopenia in pregnancy
aneuploidy screening

best of luck!