OBGYN ideas to present to residents.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carlosc1dbz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to do a case presentation, real or made up about a case in OB or GYN. One girl is doing her case on how to treat a pregnancy in which a patient has Marfan syndrome. I just wanted to know if you guys could give me some good ideas about a certain topic or case you might have come across. I dont want to talk about something they see every day, but I also dont want to talk about something so rare, my presentation will not help them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I was thinking maybe of talking about how to manage a pregnancy in a patient who is now in a vegetative state or maybe a brain dead state. Any ideas welcome. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I need to do a case presentation, real or made up about a case in OB or GYN. One girl is doing her case on how to treat a pregnancy in which a patient has Marfan syndrome. I just wanted to know if you guys could give me some good ideas about a certain topic or case you might have come across. I dont want to talk about something they see every day, but I also dont want to talk about something so rare, my presentation will not help them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I was thinking maybe of talking about how to manage a pregnancy in a patient who is now in a vegetative state or maybe a brain dead state. Any ideas welcome. Thanks.

What about acute and chronic management of pregnancy in an epileptic patient?

Members don't see this ad :)
any ideas for an MFM rotation? I had an interesting case of conjoined twins last year. Would that be too specific?

Conjoined might be too specific, but you can try:
twining
twin twin transfusion syndrome
antepartum issues with twin pregnancy

other good topics:
evaluation of recurrent pregnancy loss
advanced maternal age
thrombocytopenia in pregnancy
aneuploidy screening

best of luck!