**OBGYN Match 2018: Apps, Interviews, Results Discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Uggghh mine said 20-25 based on our class quartile, I thought I was playing it safe by adding 10 lol

Is it too late to apply to additional programs. I applied to 38 and could use some more love.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
current Obgyn resident matched last year :) AMA

Reactions: 1 user
current Obgyn resident matched last year :) AMA

Are you an MD? How many programs did you apply to? If you did audition/away rotations, how many and what months? What months did most interviews take place?

Are you an MD? How many programs did you apply to? If you did audition/away rotations, how many and what months? What months did most interviews take place?

I'm play too, R3....MD, Applied to 30ish, Interviewed/Ranked 12. No audition/away rotation done. First Interview was late October, Last was First week of Jan.

How do you know how competitive you are for programs? FRIEDA is not much help.

How do you know how competitive you are for programs? FRIEDA is not much help.

Check the NRMP outcomes of the match for the previous year, generally a good indication for how likely you are to get an interview. Once you interview it’s a lot about your personality and how likely someone is to “fit” into a program which is hard to gauge from statistics. I’m on the admissions committee at an upper mid tier program and if I like an applicant during an interview or have worked with them and somehow they made it to the middle of a draft rank list I will try to move them up (often successfully) an example is we once
Moved someone from a place on the list where they wouldn’t match with us to the top 5, the converse is true also, some initially top ranked applicants could end up DNR or low due to their interview. Bottom line is if you got an interview at a program you’re competitive for the program, but beyond that point it’s hard to gauge.

thanks to @doctorbunny for sorting this out. I am now the keeper of the keys so if anyone has issues with the doc you know where to find me!

Hi Pfanne N. Steil! 2019 student here, trying to decide on where to do an away. Looks like the spreadsheet now has restricted permissions even for viewing. Can you re-share? Thanks in advance!

I remember hearing that another was going to be made...whoever does that please post the link in this forum or somewhere on Reddit!

thanks to @doctorbunny for sorting this out. I am now the keeper of the keys so if anyone has issues with the doc you know where to find me!
Hey! The doc doesn't seem to be working. It would be great to have some of the information in their for this year (for my sanity and such).

Hey all,
In terms of the google doc that was going around that had all that awesome obgyn info.. it looks like now you need permission to access it? Can anyone who has access please add me or download it and send it my way? I am applying this cycle and really want to be able to use it!
Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is a downloaded version of it minus the chat threads and archives! (i do not have access, but preemptively downloaded this a few months back.)

Attachments

• OBGYN Match 2018 minus chat threads.xlsx
    1.1 MB · Views: 221
Reactions: 2 users
I'd be happy to help out with moderation if anyone wants to get together on it (that is if the old doc isn't going to come back to life).

Why did the doc even shut down? Seems a bit ridiculous tbh

There is a new doc guys! Check the 2019 page thread (go back and look under OBGYN forum). :)

hi everyone! if you interviewed at EVMS for the 2018 match season and left a post (on Reddit, it was subsequently deleted by an unknown party/likely flagged) detailing inappropriate or unprofessional comments by one of the interviewers that was completely normalized by residents/faculty/staff please reach out to me, can be totally anonymously. It would help immensely with an investigation.

It's locking to view only because of the amount of users trying to view the document.

Dear program coordinators out there I have a question for you: about how many students are placed on the waitlist for a given program? I'm wondering how realistic a chance there is that I will be taken off... especially if there are about 300 people on there with me hoping the same thing! Thanks in advance.

It depends on how many people reach out to me and if they are good- they get put on the waitlist. It is a ranked waitlist so if you are really good and/or know people in the program/graduates/colleagues of the program that vouch for you then you will likely come off the list and be scheduled. It also depends on how many cancellations there are.