Observership/Preceptorship periods

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

braineddetermined

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!
Has anyone done some observership/ preceptorship periods in order to get some US dental experience ( especially the non green card holders)....In particular, I'm interested in the Boston University one - International Preceptorship in General Dentistry. Has anyone done it or heard something about it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A month is too short and probably too expensive and is not worth it
Well, in this case the fee is about 3,000$...a year is 30k (too much for my pocket) but, what I want to know is whether it’s useful or not.
What other options would there be for people who need sponsorship to do some US experience?
 
Well, in this case the fee is about 3,000$...a year is 30k (too much for my pocket) but, what I want to know is whether it’s useful or not.
What other options would there be for people who need sponsorship to do some US experience?
Guess you don’t have much choice. Try dental conferences- less expensive and give CE credits, show commitment to the profession
 
If you will get through dental assisting courses, get X-ray certificate and volunteer after that, then I don’t see why they wouldn’t want you in their office
Remember to inquire first with visa people