obtaining an allopathic interniship for DO

Started by shanageena
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shanageena

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there, can someone please tell me how difficult it is to obtain an allopathic PGY1 from a DO graduate? I am hoping to be a board certified neurologist from ABPN not osteopathic board.
 
I agree as well. There are lots of programs which are more DO friendly meaning the programs either have an osteopathic med school affiliation or there are previous DOs in the program. But I don't think that you will have any problems. Just apply to more programs initially and can cancel interviews later. Good luck.
 
shanageena said:
Hi there, can someone please tell me how difficult it is to obtain an allopathic PGY1 from a DO graduate? I am hoping to be a board certified neurologist from ABPN not osteopathic board.

It depends on the specialty. It is easier for some than others. I don't know about neurology, but EM, IM, Peds, and FM have very high percentages of DO's.