obturator nerve block contraindications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

100YardDash

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whats up everyone. Planning on doing this procedure tomorrow. from my understanding, some of the contraindications include : inguinal lymphadenopathy, perineal infection, and haematoma

I understand that a heamatoma can increase the risk of ischemic nerve damage, and inserting the needle into an infected area can spread the infection. Why lymphadenopathy? puncturing a cancerous node can help spread into the blood?

appreciate your time.
 
whats up everyone. Planning on doing this procedure tomorrow. from my understanding, some of the contraindications include : inguinal lymphadenopathy, perineal infection, and haematoma

I understand that a heamatoma can increase the risk of ischemic nerve damage, and inserting the needle into an infected area can spread the infection. Why lymphadenopathy? puncturing a cancerous node can help spread into the blood?

appreciate your time.

I was taught in fellowship that lymphnodes can be highly vascular http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9740085 " Vascular pathology of malignant cervical lymphadenopathy: qualitative and quantitative assessment with power Doppler ultrasound"
and I suppose there is a theoretical risk of causing spread of cancer cells but I don't know if anyone has every studied that.