Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

OCHEM, BIOCHEM, A&P before D1?

Discussion in 'Dental' started by abcbbd, Aug 17, 2015.

1. abcbbd

Hi!

I've recently been accepted into dental school in Australia, problem is that my Bachelor's Degree is in Psychology. I've taken General Chem and Biology, but wasn't able to fit A&P, OCHEM or BIOCHEM into my schedule during undergrad.

School doesn't start until Feb 2016 so I've got Fall 2015 semester where I could take these courses but they likely won't transfer over.

Is it worth taking the courses simply for the exposure? How difficult are these subjects in D1? Anyone else been in a similar position and have any input?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. THS

THS Articulating Disc Jockey
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    You didn't have to take organic to get into dental school?

I would definitely take that. The others won't hurt either.

4. Tebros

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I would recommend taking as many science courses as you can? Physiology and Anatomy would be very helpful too! It would make your D1 life alot easier because you have a background of those courses.

5. abcbbd

Yeah, the only school in Australia that needs ochem and similar prereqs to NA was Melbourne. Part of my decision to apply there this year instead of slogging away for another year trying to get top marks in sciences.

I'm already enrolled in the three classes mentioned, probably better to get exposed without the pressure of D1! Thanks for the input!