Ochem Mechanisms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaka23h

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So in Ochem one my prof taught mechanisms very well we were tested on all the ochem 1 mechanisms on tests. (draw them out as free responses)

Now I have a different prof for ochem 2.. and he dosen't go over mechanisms very well and his tests are mostly multiple choice....

Is this gonna kill me on the MCAT?

Is this gonna kill me on the ACS ochem 2 test which will count as our final?

Please let me know

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

don't worry, I think you'll be fine. my teacher for ochem I was amazing and stressed mechanisms as basically the only thing you need in organic chem (which is true). for ochem II, my teacher didn't ever mention mechanisms. I think it happens because all organic mechanisms are the same. they all follow the same patterns, and, especially for the mcat, you should be fine. on the mcat, if there's any mention of mechanisms, you'll be given all the information you need in the passage.

So in Ochem one my prof taught mechanisms very well we were tested on all the ochem 1 mechanisms on tests. (draw them out as free responses)

Now I have a different prof for ochem 2.. and he dosen't go over mechanisms very well and his tests are mostly multiple choice....

Is this gonna kill me on the MCAT?

Is this gonna kill me on the ACS ochem 2 test which will count as our final?

Please let me know

Thanks

Sounds exactly like my Organic II professor. Our Organic I professor retired at the end of last semester and our Organic II professor just flips through power points. The exams were exclusively multiple choice with a multi-step synthesis problem at the end which we had to go through using IR/NMR data. That changed on the last quiz where we had to go through 32 reactions. Keep in mind this was a quiz.