1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Ochem section

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Star Babe, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Star Babe

Star Babe Member
    7+ Year Member

Those of you who have taken the DAT... is the ochem section pretty much the 1st part of ochem reaction of alkanealkynes alcohols or they go into depth about carboxylic acids, amine, and amide reactions?? do i have to really know them...? what about the IR spec?

2. gobiz

gobiz Member
    7+ Year Member

I took DAT last wednesday...even before taking orgo II.

Now I am taking orgo II in summer class.

I was so worried about orgo...However, I tried to memorize some important rxns(Grignards, Kolbe, tautomeriam...) in later part of orgo without understanding mechanism and I did very well in orgo. Of course I believe I was super lucky.

Just keep concentrating on memorizing some important rxn products and reactants. they don't usuallly deal with the mechanisms.

In IR spectrum, you can just understand some important peaks(alcohol, C=O....) and I saw the one question about H NMR question which dealt with Singlet, Doublet....