Ochem types questions in PCAT?

Started by 404075
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

404075

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Kaplan book's Ochem review section only talks about hybridizations and funtional groups.

What types of problems occurred when you took your PCAT?

Nucleophiles/Electrophiles, Substitution, Stereochemistry, SN1/SN2, Elimination Rxn?

Thanks.
 
Anything from Organic 1+2 is fair game, but there tends to be an emphasis on Organic 1. I would know all the functional groups and oxidation/reduction reactions in general. An example of something you might see from organic 2 could be an oxidation of a carbonyl compound where you have to select the product. Nomenclature is big.
 
Do we have to memorize the specific heats for different substances? I am using Dr. Collins and I only see the SH for water. Would it be a good idea to go over other ones too? Thank you.