Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This concept still confuses me. With an oral contraceptive pill pack, the pills at the end are blank. Effectively, the woman is skipping her hormone pills for 4 days or so depending on the pack. How is this different from her missing one pill in terms of ovulation/pregnancy risk? I was taught that missing 1-2 pills creates a decent chance for ovulation, so obviously she should be advised to use backup methods. How are those 1-2 days different from first 1-2 days of her blank pills?
And a followup- if the patient chooses to do prolonged cycles, in theory would it matter the timing during her 90 day cycle when she chooses to have her period/take the blanks?
I hope I've made my question clear. I'm sure this must be explained somewhere and obgyn is not my specialty, so thanks for your help explaining it.
And a followup- if the patient chooses to do prolonged cycles, in theory would it matter the timing during her 90 day cycle when she chooses to have her period/take the blanks?
I hope I've made my question clear. I'm sure this must be explained somewhere and obgyn is not my specialty, so thanks for your help explaining it.