OCPM students help!! where's a good place to LIVE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hanjason

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys
I am a first year student at OCPM and just don't know where I should get my apt. I have looked at the Regency... hm.. read lot of bad bad comments.. is it even safe to live there? heard some gun man broke into the place or something.. Also how much utility are you guys paying for one bed? Just want to get some idea..

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys
I am a first year student at OCPM and just don't know where I should get my apt. I have looked at the Regency... hm.. read lot of bad bad comments.. is it even safe to live there? heard some gun man broke into the place or something.. Also how much utility are you guys paying for one bed? Just want to get some idea..

Thanks!

Don't you guys start in like 2-3 days? How do you not have housing already?

I do not have a place yet as well. I'm going to stay at the holiday Inn for about 5 days then move to the regency apt. I'm going to call them tomorrow and try to get it done!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just moved into the Parmatown apartments. I really like my new apartment, however I would recommend living in the Gardens and not in the main building if you do live here.

My overall impression of Regency when I went there was very negative. The hallways appeared dirty and the apartments that they showed were not very clean. There were also lots of kids running around unsupervised. Although it was very inexpensive and the workout facilities were nice.

Just my opinion.

The Regency is not horrible, but you can probably do better. I choose the Regency because it was affordable and close to school; in addition, with the stress that is involved with basically starting a new life, i did not want to stress over relentless appartment hunting. With that said, it seems relatively quit and clean, but again, i'm sure you could do better with a little searching.

Hello guys

Thanks!

The Regency really isn't horrible like people say. I have just renewed my lease for a second year. I have a 2 bedroom completely remodeled and pay $688 a month. There is not a lot of crime there, it is right next to the parma police station. You will never find a place that is immune to crime, so of course there is some at the Regency, but I have yet to see anything.

hanjason and jawdat, you guys should get together and rent a place at the timbers in broadview heights. they have 2br apt's with ea br having a bathroom attached to it

or like i did, you can drive around the neighborhoods nearby and find lots of multifamily places to rent (esp on Snow, due to construction)

The regency is not a bad place to live, and it's perfectly safe. Pretty close to school, and the price is right. You can also get garage parking if you wish. Maintenance has been quick to respond the few times I've had problems. The walls are paper thin though, so don't expect to have many parties. There are lots of seniors living here, and you're pretty much guaranteed to find the cops at your front door if you have a lot of people over and its semi-noisy. The remodeled rooms are pretty nice. New appliances and an open kitchen. I would steer clear of building A, as all of my friends hate living there. It seems to be the worst building out of them all. Looks pretty shabby compared to all the other buildings too.

There are some dirt cheap places to live around the Parma area, but you get what you pay for.

I don't recommend Parma at all. I would look at Strongsville/North Royalton. I lived at Spruce Run for my first two years. It didn't take long to get to school and it is a nice area.

Another place you can check out is Carriage Hill in Brecksville. I just helped my friend move there a few weeks ago and it wasn't bad. Brecksville is an extremely safe area, close to the metroparks and about 10-15 minutes from school. I just checked craigslist and there are at least 2 or 3 postings for condos for rent $680-700 each. To get there if you want to look, take Rockside Rd, to Brecksville Rd., make a right. Take Breckville a few miles until you reach carriage hill (a light or two after wallings rd I think). I know several people that live there and I think these are great places to live due to the area and price.

I live in Big Creek Apts. Ours is a 2bed/2bath and is really spacious! I think the area so far is really safe... the maintenance staff has been really good about fixing things right away, but overall the unit and area is good. (I've only been here for a week, so that's the best advice I can give.) hope this helps you out!