Oct 15 application deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xample

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, after taking the Aug. MCAT i wasn't sure if i wanted to apply. But at the last minute, i decided i might as well try. So its been about a week and half since i submitted the primary, and when i called AMCAS about verification, they said it could take about 6 weeks... My transcripts were already received before i submitted the application on the 14th. So i have two questions:

Does this mean i will unavoidably miss the secondary deadline for some schools, if it does take 6 weeks? (Some schools seem to want secondaries in mid november)

Should i be contacting the schools i applied to, and ask them to send the secondary part? (I got two automatic secondaries after submitting, but haven't heard from the others)

Members don't see this ad.

i got a lot of secondaries before amcas was verified, for the schools that don't screen. so you should too but it might be a good idea to make sure you get them on time

xample said:
Hi, after taking the Aug. MCAT i wasn't sure if i wanted to apply. But at the last minute, i decided i might as well try. So its been about a week and half since i submitted the primary, and when i called AMCAS about verification, they said it could take about 6 weeks... My transcripts were already received before i submitted the application on the 14th. So i have two questions:

Does this mean i will unavoidably miss the secondary deadline for some schools, if it does take 6 weeks? (Some schools seem to want secondaries in mid november)

Should i be contacting the schools i applied to, and ask them to send the secondary part? (I got two automatic secondaries after submitting, but haven't heard from the others)

I submitted my AMCAS on Oct. 2 (my transcripts were already submitted), and AMCAS was verified on Oct. 12. I received my secondary on Oct. 4, and an invite for on an interview today (Oct. 26). My interview will be Dec. 2. I was also a first time MCATer in August, so my scores didn't come out at the time that I had submitted my secondary. Also, I only applied to my state school.

xample said:

Most schools that I applied to had secondary deadlines in december and january. I think thats pretty typical, since alot of schools AMCAS deadlines are november through december 1st(date depends on the school). I would definitely look on the websites of the schools you applied to or MSAR so you can find out the dates. Then if its still a problem for alot of the schools that you applied to, I would give em a call as well as apply to schools where this isnt a problem.