October DAT, Late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RU1992

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I wanted to take your advice on something. Do you guys think that an October 3rd DAT is too late for this cycle? If all of the actual paperwork is in, letters/gpa/transcripts etc. would an October 3rd DAT still probably put me into next year's batch? Thanks in advance!
- If you guys know of anyone who got in with an October DAT, please let me know. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

you would be pretty late to the party by october. I didnt have all my info complete until november. You can apply, but the only place that will likely give you a chance is your state school. Unless your stats are really high.

October 3 re-take would still include you in this year's application cycle.

Alternatively, you could retake any time between now and next year's cycle (June 1, 2013), so that your application can be submitted for next year's cycle on day one.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Agb: Do you really think that October 3rd is still realistic for this cycle? Based on what theLeather said, as I had heard that before, it really puts me behind everyone and leaves a very very small chance of acceptances anywhere this cycle.

@Agb: Do you really think that October 3rd is still realistic for this cycle? Based on what theLeather said, as I had heard that before, it really puts me behind everyone and leaves a very very small chance of acceptances anywhere this cycle.

a lot of schools fill up via rolling admissions, so october is very very late. but if you claim URM it might not be? very interesting situation tbh.

i wouldn't bank on anything that late in the cycle, in my opinion.

Yes it's too late

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Oct. 3rd is definitely pushing it. However, if you have all your other materials in and have good stats, I don't think it's a deal breaker. I know of people who took the DAT in the fall (myself included) who still received multiple acceptances. Hope this helps.

Its too late to make any meaningful impact. Sorry but you'll probably need to reapply next year with the new score.

Guys, I think I'm going to apply with the scores that I currently have. 19AA 18TS 14PA 17BIO 20GC 20OC 20RC 19QR. I'm going to apply to about 20 schools and see if I can get interviews/acceptances at any of them. So far I have AZ, Midwestern AZ, Western, Howard, Midwestern IL, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisville, Boston, Minnesota, UMDNJ, NYU, Case Western, Temple, Meharry, VCU, and Marquette. What other schools should I add? I"m debating Loma Linda, UCSF, Colorado, Nova, Detroit Mercy, and Oklahoma. Any suggestions?