Odds of getting into pharmacy.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dho11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all I recently sent in my application and I was just curious on how I stood in general rankings based on anyones previous experiences. My cumulative GPA is a 2.94 due to some mistakes in my early college years and I have a 69 on the pcat. I don't know if this would help but I have a bachelors in biology with a minor in chemistry.

Also I was wondering what I should do outside of retaking classes if I get rejected

Members don't see this ad.

With the explosion of pharmacy schools, some diploma mill will accept you with these pretty weak stats. 10 years ago I'd say not a chance you'd be accepted and to retake your science courses for A's. That being said, why pharmacy? Save yourself the hassle of going into a dying profession if you're going into it to get a solid paycheck. There are other fields with good pay that smart people can make a lot more money in that aren't saturated to hell.

With the explosion of pharmacy schools, some diploma mill will accept you with these pretty weak stats. 10 years ago I'd say not a chance you'd be accepted and to retake your science courses for A's. That being said, why pharmacy? Save yourself the hassle of going into a dying profession if you're going into it to get a solid paycheck. There are other fields with good pay that smart people can make a lot more money in that aren't saturated to hell.
I am not sure to be honest. I've just been slowly working towards it for a while, in my upper level science classes I did fairly well in, but I struggled in my prerequisites which really brought down my gpa. I don't really have any other passions in life that have the chance of making any money so I kind of just went with pharmacy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all I recently sent in my application and I was just curious on how I stood in general rankings based on anyones previous experiences. My cumulative GPA is a 2.94 due to some mistakes in my early college years and I have a 69 on the pcat. I don't know if this would help but I have a bachelors in biology with a minor in chemistry.

Also I was wondering what I should do outside of retaking classes if I get rejected

Gain as much experience in pharmacy. Try to take the PTCB exam and work as a tech. Get excellent letters of rec. Try to raise your gpa to least a 3.0, if you have very low grades in the prereqs retake that particular class at a local CC.

2.94 gpa.... sigh... what is going on with pharmacy school nowadays..

Reactions: 1 user