# of applicants per month

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent2009

YEEE BOI
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does ADEA book or other sources cite the number of applicants submitting their AADSAS during each month of the application cycle? I was wondering how many apply in May and June, July, etc. out of the 10, 11, 12,000 applicants every year...

Members don't see this ad.

How will this be useful if you've submitted? Schools don't start reviewing applicant's information until August, at Buffalo, for example.

If you have submitted, leave SDN until your app is in!

How will this be useful if you've submitted? Schools don't start reviewing applicant's information until August, at Buffalo, for example.

If you have submitted, leave SDN until your app is in!

UHHH...CURIOSITY?!?! I just wanted to know the breakdown of early vs. "regular" vs late applicants. Just as I suspected, you don't know much, basing your information on only one school, buffalo. Well in case you haven't heard Indiana, Florida, Case, and Nova among other schools have already invited applicants for interview weeks ago so obviously they've already started their review process. As much as I find SDN helpful in many cases (hence I continue to come here for advice and information), it's dumb@$$ like this that pisses me off misinforming people. I welcome everyone else's input who has their facts straight... again, all i wanted to know in the first place is if any sources have published those types of numbers.... anybody?

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm pretty sure he's heard. he has an interview at nova.

Damn, dent2009, Dr. Reo was just giving an example, there is no reason to be a dick.

I don't have any idea who would have this information or how it would even be helpful to an applicant. Maybe give the ADA a call.

UHHH...CURIOSITY?!?! I just wanted to know the breakdown of early vs. "regular" vs late applicants. Just as I suspected, you don't know much, basing your information on only one school, buffalo. Well in case you haven't heard Indiana, Florida, Case, and Nova among other schools have already invited applicants for interview weeks ago so obviously they've already started their review process. As much as I find SDN helpful in many cases (hence I continue to come here for advice and information), it's dumb@$$ like this that pisses me off misinforming people. I welcome everyone else's input who has their facts straight... again, all i wanted to know in the first place is if any sources have published those types of numbers.... anybody?

Why don't you research it? The diffinition of 'early' and 'late' is all relative to your scores, grades, etc.

"dumb@$$ like this that pisses me off misinforming people"

Hey man, I'm not the one worring if I'm early or late, I have an interview offer from Nova and Indiana. Some schools complete the process early, some later. Read what is surveyed and look at predents. Also, like mentioned about, call ADA, or even better yet, call each school.

Does ADEA book or other sources cite the number of applicants submitting their AADSAS during each month of the application cycle? I was wondering how many apply in May and June, July, etc. out of the 10, 11, 12,000 applicants every year...

According to the ADEA's AADSAS Newsletter, 50% of applicants for the 2008 cycle had submitted their AADSAS application by the last week in July. The year before I think it was the first week of August. Total number appicants last year was a little over 11,000 with each applicant applying to an average of 10 schools.

Anyway, if you haven't submitted your appication now, do it soon! It takes a good 6+ weeks for AADSAS to process your application before they send it off to the actual dental schools. You can apply even if you have not yet taken the DAT - schools will just hold your application until your DAT scores are received. Your DAT scores are not processed by AADSAS so scores are sent directly to schools within about 2 weeks of completing the exam.

According to the ADEA's AADSAS Newsletter, 50% of applicants for the 2008 cycle had submitted their AADSAS application by the last week in July. The year before I think it was the first week of August. Total number appicants last year was a little over 11,000 with each applicant applying to an average of 10 schools.

Anyway, if you haven't submitted your appication now, do it soon! It takes a good 6+ weeks for AADSAS to process your application before they send it off to the actual dental schools. You can apply even if you have not yet taken the DAT - schools will just hold your application until your DAT scores are received. Your DAT scores are not processed by AADSAS so scores are sent directly to schools within about 2 weeks of completing the exam.

Finally, someone with some real information. That's what i'm talking about. Thank you very much dentaldentist. Your type of input is why I continue to come back to SDN for help.

Last edited: