WAMC, No interviews this month!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessss212

Reaction score
Date of submission: TMDSAS - July 29th (transmitted Aug 28), AADSAS - Aug 5th
Overall GPA: 3.85
Science GPA: 3.79
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.48 / 3.5 BCPM
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 22AA/22TS/16PAT/26OCHEM/23BIO/19GCHEM/21RC/19QR
State of Residence: Texas

Major: Health
Minor: Nutrition
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience:
2 gen dentist - 278 hours
Volunteering Experience: 532 with place of worship (community kitchen), 32 animal shelter, TMOM - 16 hours, GKAS 4 hours
Employment: 320 hours - RDA, waitress - 422 hours, office employee dental clinic - 80 hours
Research: none
Other Extracurriculars: part of 2 dental clubs, crochet, guitar playing, and reading (not sure where to put this) 182 hours at a health-related internship for holistic health
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? volunteered at UTSD and went to their pre-dental tour
Relevant Honors or Awards: deans list x 5, academic excellence scholarship.
LOR type and strength: 2 dentists (strong, and have connections with UTSD and the San Antonio DS), 2 biology professors (mediocre)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: took a pass during COVID (FALL 2020 in Gen Bio 2, received a C+)
School list:

4 texas schools
UDM (recieved an interview)
AT STILL
MWU-IL
Temple
Tufts
WesternU
Lecom
NOVA
UNLV

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Date of submission: TMDSAS - July 29th (transmitted Aug 28), AADSAS - Aug 5th
Overall GPA: 3.85
Science GPA: 3.79
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.48 / 3.5 BCPM
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 22AA/22TS/16PAT/26OCHEM/23BIO/19GCHEM/21RC/19QR
State of Residence: Texas

Major: Health
Minor: Nutrition
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience:
2 gen dentist - 278 hours
Volunteering Experience: 532 with place of worship (community kitchen), 32 animal shelter, TMOM - 16 hours, GKAS 4 hours
Employment: 320 hours - RDA, waitress - 422 hours, office employee dental clinic - 80 hours
Research: none
Other Extracurriculars: part of 2 dental clubs, crochet, guitar playing, and reading (not sure where to put this)
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? volunteered at UTSD and went to their pre-dental tour
Relevant Honors or Awards: deans list x 5, academic excellence scholarship.
LOR type and strength: 2 dentists (strong, and have connections with UTSD and the San Antonio DS), 2 biology professors (mediocre)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: took a pass during COVID (FALL 2020 in Gen Bio 2, received a C+)
School list:

4 texas schools
UDM (recieved an interview)
AT STILL
MWU-IL
Temple
Tufts
WesternU
Lecom
NOVA
UNLV
your tmdsas was likely pretty late (doesn't it open in april-may?)
i would've recommended a much different OOS list too

trust the process...

Reactions: 1 user
your tmdsas was likely pretty late (doesn't it open in april-may?)
i would've recommended a much different OOS list too

trust the process...
Thanks for responding! Where do you think I should have applied OOS? I mainly used path32 to see where Texas residents mostly get accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I believe it opens in late May, but I was scheduled to take my DAT on July 11th, so that is mainly the reason as to why I submitted more on the later side...

Thanks for responding! Where do you think I should have applied OOS? I mainly used path32 to see where Texas residents mostly get accepted.
mountain/central/midwest schools closer to texas

but if path32 told you that's where texans get accepted, i cannot argue with that...

Also, I believe it opens in late May, but I was scheduled to take my DAT on July 11th, so that is mainly the reason as to why I submitted more on the later side...
i would've recommended submitting tmdsas/aadsas on opening day without your dat...

At the time I was also a bit busy because I was doing an internship, taking summer classes, working full-time, and studying for the DAT, but now I regret not submitting it earlier. Do you think that this will really affect my chances of getting an interview? I assumed that before August was considered early, but now I am not so sure...

At the time I was also a bit busy because I was doing an internship, taking summer classes, working full-time, and studying for the DAT, but now I regret not submitting it earlier. Do you think that this will really affect my chances of getting an interview? I assumed that before August was considered early, but now I am not so sure...
it will affect your texas schools, but not your aadsas schools...

Only thing I suggest is getting more community service outside of your place of worship, but we'll just have to wait. Get the UDM interview! If you are Muslim, UDM will have a very friendly student and patient community that you will connect with.

Only thing I suggest is getting more community service outside of your place of worship, but we'll just have to wait. Get the UDM interview! If you are Muslim, UDM will have a very friendly student and patient community that you will connect with.
Do you think that my community service is not sufficient enough? I can spend more time at the animal shelter, or do you recommend that to have more experiences on my application? also thank you for responding!

Do you think that my community service is not sufficient enough? I can spend more time at the animal shelter, or do you recommend that to have more experiences on my application? also thank you for responding!
I don't know more than what you wrote. Who comes to the community meals?