# of schools applied

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vixen

I like members
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those of you who have reapplied and were successful...did you apply to more schools the second time around? Also, to everyone, how many schools did you apply to (esp if you were on the lower end of the scale)? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

applied to 11, didn't finish supplemental on 2, interviewed at 6, accepted to 5; this was my first time around

qdog...where are u headed? I'll most likely be at unc, will u?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else want to reply? The predental forum is always so dead :p

I'm going to apply to 6 or 7 schools

I applied to 14 and got interview offers at all but one (U of Iowa). Went to BU, Nova, U of Minnesota. I got accepeted to all three, but will be going to my home state U of Minnesota.

for those that applied to more than ten do you personally visit all those schools beforehand this would seem quite time consuming and expensive.

anamod as a minnesota resident myself i would like to hear your thoughts on the U of MN.

Shepard, I really like the school. It just seemed that the times that I have been to the U of Mn the students and the faculty all seem real relaxed and down to earth. I also like the idea of in state tution. If you have anymore question to ask feel free. Where do you go to school

Shepard & Anamod,

I did my undergraduate work at U of MN for close to 6 years (a little too much partying)! Between the 4 dental classes that are currently there, I have many friends that are current students. I have many positive and negative thoughts about the school, but again remember, I've been in the Moose Towers (where the dental school is located) for many years to see everything from education to facilaties! I strongly feel that you will find great faculty members and a great social environment for your awesome dental education! Good luck to you!

:cool:

thanks yah-zzz & anamod, being a mn resident I feel natural to look firstly at the u of mn, I also like the idea of resident tuition. How do you feel about it's competitiveness. I have a chance to be a part of the early admissions program, although i'm not entirely sure what the advantages are of this, any thoughts. I go to a c.c. in Austin and am a second year and will transfer probably to mankato state after this year.

1st time applicant;
applied: 15
interview offers/actuall went: 13/10
acceptances: 9, still waiting on 1

have u applied a 2nd time already simseema?

I applied for the fall of 2001, now I'm doing one year of postbacc classes to improve my science gpa...I'm REapplying for the fall of 2003. :)

applied to 3, interviewed at 3..acceptance at 1, so far!

Here's my story:

1st time applicant
Applied to 19 schools (I guess I wanted to be sure to get in somewhere!)
Interviews: 9 (did not attend one)
Accepted to 6 schools, waiting to hear from 2
Denial Letters from 2 schools

Submitted my AADSAS late Nov. 2001: #5450

Applied to 10 schools, haven't heard from any yet!! NO interviews yet, no acceptances yet, and no denials yet!

:cool:

When I applied in 97/98 I had applied to 2 Canadian and 3 US schools. I had interviews at 3, Marquette did not give interviews. I was accepted at marquette, did not attend interviews at NYU and CWRU. I went to an interview at the University of western ontario and was wait listed there.

I think admission is a lot of luck and it depends on the year and the number of applicants. The year I applied they said MUSOD had 2500 applicants for 75 spots. But when it is rolling admissions, I think not necessarily the best applicants get in but rather early applicants get in. I applied in september and that was already too late. My interview at CWRU was in March and they said it was pretty much for the wait list. I got accepted at MUSOD in January. :cool:

i submitted my application on dec 10. and my aadsas # is 5546. i guess this number refers to the number of applicants applied through aadsas thus far. hm... considering that there are about 4000 or so spots for first year dental students, the chances are that we have a very good shot at getting admitted to at least one school.
yah-zzz, have you tried calling the admission office to check your status? my application was received by the school in early january, and I learned from calling the admission office that i was invited for an interview, and i was lucky enough to schedule an interview for as early as next week... u can save urself time by callin them because it takes time for an invitation letter to get to you.
i'm in a big dilemma though because my committee letter is probably according to my dean being sent out to the schools i applied. columbia is not reviewing my application until they get the letter =( but i dont' blame the school... just regretting about applying too late.
as a side note, has anyone interviewd at buffalo? i'd appreciate it very much if anyone can share his or her interview experience there...
and finally good luck to those who applied late in the game and who are going through interviews.

re-applied to 7 schools/
interview/accepted/not heard 3/1/4
this is 2 more schools than I applied to the first time. hope this helps simseema17.

thanks lalo5. Check your PM.