OFF CALL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Love this thread. What kind of automobiles do you folks drive? Any pics?

Members don't see this ad.

My speedometer/odometer is my avatar. The mileage is my cars name. It's really blurry. Sorry about that.

My wife bought it for me as my med school graduation present.

Lazy Sunday so I thought I'd get my boys outta my wife's hair for a few hours and explore the fire roads in our local mountains. Can't believe I've lived here my whole life and never done this till now:

1.5 Hrs from my Driveway - Looking East:
MDTTR1.JPG

Looking West (Pacific in the background):
MDTTR2.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lazy Sunday so I thought I'd get my boys outta my wife's hair for a few hours and explore the fire roads in our local mountains. Can't believe I've lived here my whole life and never done this till now:

1.5 Hrs from my Driveway - Looking East:
View attachment 216824

Looking West (Pacific in the background):
View attachment 216825
I think I know where that is! Gorgeous. :)

384.JPG
591.JPG
684.JPG

1959 Les Paul replica. Custom built by a master luthier. Chose the top, finish, neck dimensions and aging. Play this whenever I get a chance.

Reactions: 1 users
Love the tone of the hummbuckers... I have a ton of axes and this 45 year old Les Paul Custom has been my favorite since the time I bought it.
Mowed laws for 2 summers in middle school and had it on lay away for that time frame. This bad boy was the best purchase of my life.

IMG_3114_zps6ba9gcjd.jpg

I have had it for 30 years. My favorite part of the guitar is how I've worn down the back of the neck from playing it so much. Would never even think of refinishing it.
Still 100% original.

FullSizeRender-3_zps43jvmx8o.jpg

Well shoot bro... I just adjusted the truss rod, entonation on my bridge and tone knobs on my Les Paul Custom.
Looks like you built yours from the ground up. :wideyed:
Big time kuddos.... :thumbup:
Can't take any credit. I have zero woodworking skills. I just chose the specs. The builder was local to me so I was able to pick through piles of wood for the top. He sent me pics of the build as it progressed. Waited over a year for it to be completed. Plays and sounds as good as it looks. As close to the real thing as I'm gonna get

Reactions: 1 user
Love the tone of the hummbuckers... I have a ton of axes and this 45 year old Les Paul Custom has been my favorite since the time I bought it.
Mowed laws for 2 summers in middle school and had it on lay away for that time frame. This bad boy was the best purchase of my life.

IMG_3114_zps6ba9gcjd.jpg

I have had it for 30 years. My favorite part of the guitar is how I've worn down the back of the neck from playing it so much. Would never even think of refinishing it.
Still 100% original.

FullSizeRender-3_zps43jvmx8o.jpg
Wow. Thats some serious mojo.

What's special about the '59's?
Original sunburst Les Pauls were introduced in 58 and were only made until 1960. Generally speaking the necks in 58 were fatter, in 59 they were considered just right and in 1960 they were thinner. Fret sizes got larger in 1959 making it easier to play. In 1960 they changed the formulation of the finish so they looked like the colour of tomato soup which did not fade. So basically everything was considered perfect in 1959. A lot of famous guitarists played '59s: Jimmy Page, Peter Green, Michael Bloomfield, Duane Allman, Paul Kossof, Billy Gibbons etc...

Only a few hundred of these exist making them very valuable nowadays. They were unpopular at the time and were therefore discontinued after only 3 years of production.