OFF CALL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Always wanted to try a Texas dove hunt. Around me there aren't a lot of doves, or decent bird hunting for that matter. We get some mallards and Canadian geese. We also have sea ducks but they taste like low tide mixed with iodine, basically inedible but people still shoot them. May do geese this year since the fields are ten minutes from my house.

Just another Tuesday morning in December

image.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I hate you even more. Just kidding. I got out this weekend but it was in a 6-mil suit for some chest high wind swell.

You ever get to Trestles? I will be in the area in the spring and figured I may try to hit it midweek.

I hate you even more. Just kidding. I got out this weekend but it was in a 6-mil suit for some chest high wind swell.

You ever get to Trestles? I will be in the area in the spring and figured I may try to hit it midweek.

Ya, Actually moving up that way soon. Shoot me a PM when you're in town. You in NorCal?

My interests vary, almost weekly. This is the most recent.
20151002_113937.jpg

I bought it from a Marine who didn't know why it quit running.
This is what it looks like now.
upload_2015-12-2_21-46-11.jpeg

I'm waiting on parts for the spun bearing.

upload_2015-12-2_21-45-13.jpeg

upload_2015-12-2_21-46-36.jpeg

I learned how to diagnose and treat a British redhead. She will live again!

Also note the observance of sterile draping.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Post call last Wednesday. Fresh 20".

IMG_4457_zps9gir6kxg.jpg

IMG_4446_zpstpkyoytw.jpg

Another foot blasting through the high country tomorrow evening - :heckyeah: -
I had to take Friday off in order to get first chair.

Reactions: 3 users
View attachment 198377 View attachment 198379 View attachment 198380 My interests vary, almost weekly. This is the most recent.

I bought it from a Marine who didn't know why it quit running.
This is what it looks like now.
I'm waiting on parts for the spun bearing.
I learned how to diagnose and treat a British redhead. She will live again!

Ummm...
Awesome...!

I'm waiting to get my rekluse EXP with the slave. Upgrading from a 2.0 (burnt to a crisp).
My Home-E (Noyac), tells me I can do it---> "It's just nuts and bolts" o_O

Nice work.... ipassgas :thumbup:

Ummm...
Awesome...!

I'm waiting to get my rekluse EXP with the slave. Upgrading from a 2.0 (burnt to a crisp).
My Home-E (Noyac), tells me I can do it---> "It's just nuts and bolts" o_O

Nice work.... ipassgas :thumbup:

If Noyac says you can do it, Jet would call you a ROKKSTAR anesthesiologist!

But seriously, you can do it. If you were on the other coast, I'd offer to help.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If Noyac says you can do it, Jet would call you a ROKKSTAR anesthesiologist!

But seriously, you can do it. If you were on the other coast, I'd offer to help.

I've started to take things apart and tinker a little... :watching:

IMG_3767_zps5ieqiq4w.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Just playing around.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 64
Post call last Wednesday. Fresh 20".

IMG_4457_zps9gir6kxg.jpg

IMG_4446_zpstpkyoytw.jpg

Another foot blasting through the high country tomorrow evening - :heckyeah: -
I had to take Friday off in order to get first chair.

Nice vintage T. Rice. But I would think that after all those years of sloggin it out in the God-forsaken Midwest you could afford a board that's < 5 years old by now :D

Nice vintage T. Rice. But I would think that after all those years of sloggin it out in the God-forsaken Midwest you could afford a board that's < 5 years old by now :D
Nothing out there that's Much better. Therefore, if the board is in good shape then roll with it.

Nothing out there that's Much better. Therefore, if the board is in good shape then roll with it.

Totally agree. I was just giving Sevo a hard time because the first thing I woulda done if I was in his situation was order a quiver of 5 boards and had them waiting for me when I pulled up in the moving truck.

I'm still riding my Banana Magic that's 3-4 seasons old (can't remember exactly), but I (regrettably) only put 3-10 days a year on it. Planning to dramatically increase that number in the coming seasons.

Nice board Salty. :thumbup:

Here is my take on the T. Rice. Great all mountain snowboard. On the stiffer side, so prolly not the best for the park/jib'n etc.
I have a NS Evo for that... as I get older I am finding myself more an more in the backcountry and not so much high up in the air.

Floated through the deep stuff all day today on the T. Rice with a huge grin from ear to ear. Open bowls or in the trees. It rocks.

IMG_4548_zpsjnc3jw4y.jpg

IMG_4543_zpsp3pzpkpf.jpg

On top of that... I’ve never been on a board that charges so hard. 53 mph isn’t my fastest, but the T. Rice is unbelievably stable at high speeds. Never been able to reach these speeds on any other board.

ebfa5dc4-d166-49f5-aae5-0e503a18dd3b_zpsrl6xdd3b.jpg

She’s def. taken care of me. I probably have 160+ days on it. Even then, it’s a powerhouse and the one (out of 4 in the garage) I choose nearly every time. :punch:

;):D

Nice board Salty. :thumbup:

Here is my take on the T. Rice. Great all mountain snowboard. On the stiffer side, so prolly not the best for the park/jib'n etc.
I have a NS Evo for that... as I get older I am finding myself more an more in the backcountry and not so much high up in the air.

Floated through the deep stuff all day today on the T. Rice with a huge grin from ear to ear. Open bowls or in the trees. It rocks.

IMG_4548_zpsjnc3jw4y.jpg

IMG_4543_zpsp3pzpkpf.jpg

On top of that... I’ve never been on a board that charges so hard. 53 mph isn’t my fastest, but the T. Rice is unbelievably stable at high speeds. Never been able to reach these speeds on any other board.

ebfa5dc4-d166-49f5-aae5-0e503a18dd3b_zpsrl6xdd3b.jpg

She’s def. taken care of me. I probably have 160+ days on it. Even then, it’s a powerhouse and the one (out of 4 in the garage) I choose nearly every time. :punch:

;):D

Nice. I think it's time to add a split to the quiver, or better yet, a snowmobile.

Is that an app that's tracking your riding data? If so what is it? Pretty cool.

The app is:
Ski tracks.

image.jpg

This is my favorite board for the past 3 yrs. Took it to AK and haven't found anything like it in the powder.
I get a new board every year and sometime two. Wifey manages a snowboard shop so the access is unlimited.
They don't make them like this anymore. Maybe they will again but not currently.

For the splitty I have a Lib Tech (of course) TRS.
image.jpg

This is my track laid down last Thursday after work.

Oops. It is a T Rice. You obviously know more than me about these boards.

I clearly spend too much time internet snowboarding and not enough time actually snowboarding.

P.S. If you need a place to dispose of some of those used boards you let me know.

This thread makes me miss the mountains. I haven't done any serious skiing for ... got to be near 20 years now. Before med school. Think I've done about 10 days total in the last 5 or 6 years.

This thread makes me miss the mountains. I haven't done any serious skiing for ... got to be near 20 years now. Before med school. Think I've done about 10 days total in the last 5 or 6 years.
:thumbup:

Yup. The high country is a good place to be. You need to watch out though. The mountains are addicting. You go to work to take a breather from them. It's a way of life.
No one knows that better than Noyac. I've learned a lot from that mofo.

b002bcbd-8304-40a4-992f-9d035bea1c53_zpsxiycs7lb.jpg

:thumbup:

Yup. The high country is a good place to be. You need to watch out though. The mountains are addicting. You go to work to take a breather from them. It's a way of life.
No one knows that better than Noyac. I've learned a lot from that mofo.

b002bcbd-8304-40a4-992f-9d035bea1c53_zpsxiycs7lb.jpg

OK, I get the mustache, but was it really necessary to put the glasses over the top of the goggles??

Is that AK? AK heli trip is definitely on the bucket list right below Mentawi boat trip.

I gotta come visit you Coloradans sometime. Haven't been on the snow in a couple years. I ride a lib tech TRS that's about 5 years old, love that board.

Surf's been good though...

OK, I get the mustache, but was it really necessary to put the glasses over the top of the goggles??

Is that AK? AK heli trip is definitely on the bucket list right below Mentawi boat trip.

I thought the glasses were a nice touch. :watching: :)
Notice the T. Rice BTW.
That's Noy's back yard in CO (technically my back yard as well).
Steep and deep territory.

Home brewing or drinking home brew.

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1449352352.852810.jpg
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1449352463.704352.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1449352378.693778.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1449352378.693778.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: 3 users
image.jpg

The mountains are good but dangerous. This is an avalanche from last year. You gotta be careful out here.

SaltyDog and HIbruin. Have you guy joined the Surfers Med Association? Thinking of maybe going to one of their "conferences". Looks like they regularly go to some great places.

SaltyDog and HIbruin. Have you guy joined the Surfers Med Association? Thinking of maybe going to one of their "conferences". Looks like they regularly go to some great places.

Didn't know there was such a thing but I'll check it out. Thanks.

I may stop surfing though after seeing this PSA:

That fuucckking hilarious. The only thing that would have made that better would be if she ran off the road filming that ridiculous diatribe.

Lord Jesus!!!!

Amen

Hallaleua

One of my partners went to a SMA "conference" on Tavarua. If my kids were older I'd do that kind of thing. Getting there.

I live in a place with world-class waves though, I'd rather go snowboard on trips to change it up.

Anyone been to the "CRASH" conference? That's one I'd like to do in the next few years.

Very Meh... I liked the one Utah puts out a bit more.
The snow is usually better as well although Vail and Summit Co. have been getting some good dumps this year.

Very Meh... I liked the one Utah puts out a bit more.
The snow is usually better as well although Vail and Summit Co. have been getting some good dumps this year.

I've been to both. Both conferences have actually been pretty good general conferences with useful topics and excellent speakers. Vail vs Park City is personal preference. I'm not a huge Vail fan (although I'm headed there on Saturday); it's just so big to navigate. It takes forever to get where you want to go. Although, now that PC and Canyons have merged into a single mega-resort (also owned by Vail), it kind of has the same problem. From PC, however, you have Deer Valley right there (sorry snowboarders) and some super dope options 30-45 minutes away (Cottonwoods, even Snowbasin/PowMow). Hard to beat Snowbird on a powder day (if they'll let you up the canyon road). I also like Main Street Park City better than Vail/Lionshead Villages. A little less frou-frou, a little more cowboy. Again, personal preference. Hard to go wrong with either.

Other good ski conferences:
-University of British Columbia's conference at Whistler
-Emory and Thomas Jefferson both do a Big Sky conference
-SCA used to do a great CardioPulmonary Bypass conference (which they might be bringing back) at Whistler or Aspen
-UVM has a conference at Stowe
-If you want to step outside your comfort zone a bit, there are Wilderness Medicine conferences in Big Sky, Park City, Sun Valley (i've done this and the lectures are super cool!)
-Holiday Seminars in Snowmass
-Not that I am endorsing, but NWAS does conferences in Steamboat, Jackson, Tahoe, Vail, Telluride
-And if you really just want to write off a trip with basically zero educational value, your can do AEI Medical/Legal/Dental Seminars at Aspen, Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone, Jackson, Steamboat, Breck, Telluride, Whistler, Tahoe, Big Sky and Park City every week of the year. You sign in, sit and watch videos on a monitor in an empty hotel room (or you just sign in and go skiing).

Last edited:
[QUOTE="......
-SCA used to do a great CardioPulmonary Bypass conference (which they might be bringing back) at Whistler or Aspen
....[/QUOTE]

By far my favorite conference. Canada has become very expensive, but Whistler is soooo much fun. 2 footer on day one I was there.

As for CRASH, their echo/TEE lectures put me to sleep. Not sure if they even do them anymore.

You guys get the survey asking if we want to bring back the winter SCA conference? My answer was "Yes HELL YES."

OK, so I realize this isn't exactly in keeping with the theme of this thread, but this shot was taken while ON CALL (in-house). Still trying to figure out if this makes taking call a little easier, or just that much more difficult.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: