Off season pre-med req classes

Started by Hemorrage
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

At my Big State School with a huge amount of pre-meds nope. I took 1 over the summer and 2 in the fall and did not see that in the least, a weed out class was still a weed out class :/ But theoretically depending on your school the competition might not be as bad if the class is on a curve I guess.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In high school, my physics professor told me to write F = ma on the top of every AP Physics exam short response.

I don't know if that got me any point or not, but I did get 5 in AP Physics A and 4 in AP Physics B.

Moral of the story: Physics (or math) is the most objective class you can take.
 
I took Physics I in spring and am currently in Physics II, and trust me, they are still weed out classes.
 
I think some of y'all are confusing the subject matter -- i.e. the entire field of physics (or at least mechanics) -- with what the professor chooses to teach about that field and how he or she evaluates you. Sure, math is "objective," but choosing what chapters to cover, how much depth to go into, what sorts of questions to include on an exam, whether to use a curve, etc., are all very sujbective and will vary from one class to the next. At my undergrad, for instance, organic chemistry was supposedly much, much easier during summer session, as it was graded on a curve and the majority of students were taking it for remedial reasons.