Off Topic: Organic Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justin342

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently assigned a project where I have to find information about the synthesis and spectral information of two different organic compounds. For those of you who are knowledgeable in Organic, could you please reccomend a few organic compounds, as I have no idea where to start. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

As a former orgo TA: Do you mean commercially available compounds? The Aldrich catalog has spectroscopic information of commercially available organic compounds. (If there isn't a copy in your library, you can order one free from the Sigma-Aldrich website.) If all your assignment is asking for is a *possible* synthetic route, you can derive one from your knowledge of organic reactions. Otherwise, specific information on synthesis can be found via a journal search.

It isn't the where to find the information that I'm having trouble with - at my school we have access to a very large database of chemical abstracts - I just need help in choosing which two organic compounds to use. :)

Why not some drugs, like tamoxifen or caffeine or something...