1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Off Topic: Organic Chemistry

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by justin342, Mar 20, 2002.

1. justin342

justin342 Member
    10+ Year Member

I was recently assigned a project where I have to find information about the synthesis and spectral information of two different organic compounds. For those of you who are knowledgeable in Organic, could you please reccomend a few organic compounds, as I have no idea where to start. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. daffodil

daffodil Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

As a former orgo TA: Do you mean commercially available compounds? The Aldrich catalog has spectroscopic information of commercially available organic compounds. (If there isn't a copy in your library, you can order one free from the Sigma-Aldrich website.) If all your assignment is asking for is a *possible* synthetic route, you can derive one from your knowledge of organic reactions. Otherwise, specific information on synthesis can be found via a journal search.

4. justin342

justin342 Member
    10+ Year Member

It isn't the where to find the information that I'm having trouble with - at my school we have access to a very large database of chemical abstracts - I just need help in choosing which two organic compounds to use. :)

5. Mage

Mage Member
    7+ Year Member

Why not some drugs, like tamoxifen or caffeine or something...