Off Year What to take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocknightmare

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

I just graduated with a biochem degree and I wanted to take some courses this upcoming semster at the local university so I don't slack off. Because i fear if i go away from books for a year then I will have troubles later.

I was wondering if you guys seen anobyd in my boat and what kinda of courses did they take to continue the pursuit of knowledge and maybe get a little ahead later on in dental school (can't hurt right?:) .

I was thinking Virology, intro to Pharmocology, and Human Physiology. Offcourse I am only going to take two at the most because I do not want to burn my self out and since I Plan to do some research.

Any advice appreciated thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

Rock,
I am finishing undergrad in Dec. So, I don't have as much time as you in between. However, to keep from "slacking off", I am going to "continue the pursuit of knowledge" by taking a women's golfing course and a Spanish for healthcare workers course :D . (No grades, so no stress :cool: )

If you feel that you must indulge in such activities, take one class for enrichment and take one class for fun. Enjoy yourself now, because I hear you may not get to relax much later.

i am not sure what classes a biochem degree at your school entailed, but a lot of schools strongly recommend physiology, comparative anatomy, microbiology, stuff like that. if you don't want to do any more science classes or have already taken most of them, i think some business classes might come in real handy when you're trying to have a practice someday. i wish i had more electives left in my time in undergrad, that i could take some buisness or accounting classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
hrm.. i am thinking about histology and microbiology..

i hope thats not too much is it?

I am also trying to take it easy heh

i recommend...

human anatomy
histology
human physiology

you will take those classes first year in dental school, just get more familiar with them now... anatomy will definitely help

and spend time shadowing dentists, different ones