Official 2003 UC Medical School Application FAQ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yogi I got it on the 22nd and here are the questions. Good luck.

1) In evaluating applicants with a variety of backgrounds and strengths the Admissions Committee assesses each applicant for what they can contribute to their class and also the potential of an applicant to contribute to society. Please describe to the Admissions Committee what you have to offer in this regard.(1800 char)

2) Please describe to the Admissions Committee a challenge you have overcome and what you learned about yourself from that experience.(1800 char)

(For Disadvantaged)Please provide a statement relating the special circumstances you have experienced. You may wish to comment on financial, educational, social, cultural, or other factors, which you feel have been significant in affecting your academic achievements. If these factors have influenced your future goals and plans, please explain.(2400 char)

Members don't see this ad.

my amcas has been submitted and transmitted weeks ago, Why does UCSF status page show that my AMCAS app hasn't been received? ANybody else having this dilemma?

What are the UC's looking for on the problem/challenge question:

i.e. UCI: Please describe to the Admissions Committee a challenge you have overcome and what you learned about yourself from that experience.(1800 char)

UCD: Describe a difficult situation you have had to overcome in your life or during your college academic experience. How do you feel this will prepare you for a career in medicine? (1500 char)

UCLA: Describe a problem in your life. Include how you dealt with it and how it influenced your growth? (800 char)

Is this on the lines of Pitt's ethical dilemma question? what r u guys writing about?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by chak_de_phatee
Yogi I got it on the 22nd and here are the questions. Good luck.

1) In evaluating applicants with a variety of backgrounds and strengths the Admissions Committee assesses each applicant for what they can contribute to their class and also the potential of an applicant to contribute to society. Please describe to the Admissions Committee what you have to offer in this regard.(1800 char)

2) Please describe to the Admissions Committee a challenge you have overcome and what you learned about yourself from that experience.(1800 char)

(For Disadvantaged)Please provide a statement relating the special circumstances you have experienced. You may wish to comment on financial, educational, social, cultural, or other factors, which you feel have been significant in affecting your academic achievements. If these factors have influenced your future goals and plans, please explain.(2400 char)

thanks.

How do I print my courses from AMCAS for the UC app? Can I just can and paste to a Word file? What did u guys do?

I retyped it all. Really. It didn't seem like a big deal - and I have lots of units from many schools.

Originally posted by blackbird03
How do I print my courses from AMCAS for the UC app? Can I just can and paste to a Word file? What did u guys do?

i just retyped it since it didn't take that much time. (do it on a computer w/ a good processor since the word file is huge, and takes up a lot of processing power to input text...theyre's kinda a delayed action when u type a key...takes like a second for it to appear). the better the computer, the quicker u can type it in.

if you want to print just the grade section, highlight it. then go to FILE, PRINT, and under the PAGE RANGE section, click on SELECTION. this will just print the selection so only your record will be displayed.

for uci's application on the classes, do u list lecture and lab or just lecture? what happens if u don't have enough space since lab and lecture are separate courses?