Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
WFMC
Status
Attending Physician
2005 Match Stats

I got these in the mail today from the SF Match.

http://www.student.med.umn.edu/sign/stats.pdf

These are in adobe acrobat format. I'm too lazy to type this all into text. (But, paradoxically, I don't mind scanning it, converting it to acrobat, uploading it, and making this link.)

Update... I just got a nastygram from the NEMP telling me to take down the stats from my website. Apparently, they are vital to national security.

Fantasy Sports

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2004
Status
GopherBrain said:
2005 Match Stats

These are in adobe acrobat format. I'm too lazy to type this all into text. (But, paradoxically, I don't mind scanning it, converting it to acrobat, uploading it, and making this link.)
Thanks for the info!

What's interesting is that while the average match Step I went down a bit, the average unmatched Step I was significantly higher. Still a solid overall match % for US grads though.

Looks like things are getting a bit more competitive.

drgirl

10+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2004
Status
Interesting...not a whole lot of change from previous years....how do they calculate average offers? Is it the average number of programs that rank an applicant?? 4.3 seems kind of low for that....or is it the average number of programs who rank you high enough to match??? anyone know?

About the Ads

ashtraveler

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
Status
hey gopherbrain,

is there anyway i can get a copy of the match results or something. do you think it would be helpful. i'm a 3rd year. i'm planning on going into neurology and do some rotations in neurology this fall. trying to setup rotations in the right places.

thanks,

GopherBrain said:
2005 Match Stats

Update... I just got a nastygram from the NEMP telling me to take down the stats from my website. Apparently, they are vital to national security.

kasimagore1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 15, 2002
Visit site
Status
Did you try the link that he provided in the 1st post?

ashtraveler said:
hey gopherbrain,

is there anyway i can get a copy of the match results or something. do you think it would be helpful. i'm a 3rd year. i'm planning on going into neurology and do some rotations in neurology this fall. trying to setup rotations in the right places.

thanks,

OP
GopherBrain

GopherBrain

MARK IT ZERO!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
WFMC
Status
Attending Physician
Dreamin said:
I also tried the link and it says page not found.
Please read the bold addition to my original post.

About the Ads