-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2008-2009 URM Interview Invite Thread
Started by MightyChip26
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats to everyone out there for getting so many interviews. God knows I almost peed my pants when I got my first one. But just a word of advice for all those who got interviews at so many places, try to be as selective as possible, because flying to all those places can be quite expensive. Especially, if you support yourself and on a budget. But here are my stats
Interviewed @ St. Louis, Rochester, Howard, Wake Forest, and USC
Invited to interview @ Case Western, UCSD, Drexel
Turned down interviews @ NYMC, Utah, Uni of Toledo, Creighton, Penn State, and VCU (couldn't afford to buy plane tickets)
Interviewed @ St. Louis, Rochester, Howard, Wake Forest, and USC
Invited to interview @ Case Western, UCSD, Drexel
Turned down interviews @ NYMC, Utah, Uni of Toledo, Creighton, Penn State, and VCU (couldn't afford to buy plane tickets)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MEHARRY......I don't think Im gonna go tho. I can't afford a plane ticket to Tennessee.
I have one interview for UMDNJ coming up at the end of January. I am still waiting on the other schools i applied to.
Congrats on your interview! Knock it out and God bless!
Congrats on your interview! Knock it out and God bless!
Thanks!
Hey DrLyss this is a bit random (cuz after all, I AM random, lol) but I see you got accepted into Cornell (HUGE CONGRATS!) and I'm assuming you are a minority. I heard they do not give out merit scholarships but do they offer scholarships to minority students? I know about the whole need-based bull (which I unfortunately don't qualify for cuz of my parents income) but my gut tells me they would be willing to throw money at great minority applicants.
I'm interviewing with them on Jan 15 and I'm psyched! You may have seen my post about it on the Cornell thread after someone advised me to just send an 'in the area' email for a possible interview invite. Well I reeally hope they are generous with scholarship money and I'm wondering if you could tell me if they mentioned anything to you as a minority matriculate.
THANKS!!
I'm interviewing with them on Jan 15 and I'm psyched! You may have seen my post about it on the Cornell thread after someone advised me to just send an 'in the area' email for a possible interview invite. Well I reeally hope they are generous with scholarship money and I'm wondering if you could tell me if they mentioned anything to you as a minority matriculate.
THANKS!!
I sent you a PMHey DrLyss this is a bit random (cuz after all, I AM random, lol) but I see you got accepted into Cornell (HUGE CONGRATS!) and I'm assuming you are a minority. I heard they do not give out merit scholarships but do they offer scholarships to minority students? I know about the whole need-based bull (which I unfortunately don't qualify for cuz of my parents income) but my gut tells me they would be willing to throw money at great minority applicants.
I'm interviewing with them on Jan 15 and I'm psyched! You may have seen my post about it on the Cornell thread after someone advised me to just send an 'in the area' email for a possible interview invite. Well I reeally hope they are generous with scholarship money and I'm wondering if you could tell me if they mentioned anything to you as a minority matriculate.
THANKS!!
Hey DrLyss this is a bit random (cuz after all, I AM random, lol) but I see you got accepted into Cornell (HUGE CONGRATS!) and I'm assuming you are a minority. I heard they do not give out merit scholarships but do they offer scholarships to minority students? I know about the whole need-based bull (which I unfortunately don't qualify for cuz of my parents income) but my gut tells me they would be willing to throw money at great minority applicants.
I'm interviewing with them on Jan 15 and I'm psyched! You may have seen my post about it on the Cornell thread after someone advised me to just send an 'in the area' email for a possible interview invite. Well I reeally hope they are generous with scholarship money and I'm wondering if you could tell me if they mentioned anything to you as a minority matriculate.
THANKS!!
According to one of their adcoms, its need-based for everyone.
Emory Feb 6th....back to the Atl
oh yea, obligatory celebratory gif
oh yea, obligatory celebratory gif
Emory Feb 6th....back to the Atl
oh yea, obligatory celebratory gif
![]()
LMFAO! hahahahaha where do u find these things...almost as funny as the clip on youtube of van Damme with a boner after dancing with this girl on a talk show!
good lookin out my mans...same 2 u 2...im glad u had fun at columbia...i really liked it there...a lil too much lecture time for my taste, but P&S club is sah-weeeet!
im actually really 🙁 that howard seems 2 be snubbing me. my family jus has no luck with this institution...they did the same thing with my brother for undergrad...demanding that he fax a photo copy of ssn before they would review his application..how REDICULOUS is that...my pops had to drive down there and show them his birth certificate...but i would really like an invite here, i have A LOT of friends who go here and to go to the interview day would be nice 😳
Columbia is definitely a great place to be. The school is great, and I hear Dr. Hutcherson is a great counselor (and don't forget that Mark Pope goes there). This school is the most minority friendly school I have been too.
Hello everyone one I would have taking part of your journeys but I did know about this thread until now. I'm glad everyone has done so well this cycle and I hope there is more to come.
Long time lurker... First time poster.
Interviewed at:
UNC
Morehouse
Interviews in February at:
Johns Hopkins
UVA
Duke
Tufts
If anyone has any advice for these last four, I'd definitely appreciate it. Glad to see that this forum is so much more positive than the pre-allo forum. Good luck to everyone.
Interviewed at:
UNC
Morehouse
Interviews in February at:
Johns Hopkins
UVA
Duke
Tufts
If anyone has any advice for these last four, I'd definitely appreciate it. Glad to see that this forum is so much more positive than the pre-allo forum. Good luck to everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to drop in to say that I heart Dr. Hutcherson. That is all. 😀Columbia is definitely a great place to be. The school is great, and I hear Dr. Hutcherson is a great counselor (and don't forget that Mark Pope goes there). This school is the most minority friendly school I have been too.
Hello everyone one I would have taking part of your journeys but I did know about this thread until now. I'm glad everyone has done so well this cycle and I hope there is more to come.
I am done. I repeat, I AM DONE!!! I feel like my brain is emptied out of my head. I have withdrawn from a couple of schools and I am waiting on a couple but I am so tired and I am done. 😴
Me too!!! I wonder how everyone who applied to twice as many schools as us managed this cycle.I am done. I repeat, I AM DONE!!! I feel like my brain is emptied out of my head. I have withdrawn from a couple of schools and I am waiting on a couple but I am so tired and I am done. 😴
Just wanted to drop in to say that I heart Dr. Hutcherson. That is all. 😀
me too 😍 😍
UMDNJ-RWJ
me 3!!! btw, i met u lovely...u dont remember me tho![]()
I actually have no idea who you are based on your posts. But if you give me a clue I might be able to remember! Was this at a Balso breakfast?
Geez. Thought I was rejected. Withdrawing.
I concur, Dr. Hutcherson is a sweetheart.me too 😍 😍
Do you usually attend BALSO breakfast? If you do, then I probably met you too.
Whoops misread 😀
I concur, Dr. Hutcherson is a sweetheart.
Do you usually attend BALSO breakfast? If you do, then I probably met you too.
Yep, I'm at every breakfast so you probably did meet me.
Musc
Yep, I'm at every breakfast so you probably did meet me.
I went to a BALSO breakfast! That means I met you too! I wish I knew who everyone was! Btw, I also loved Dr. Hutcherson and Columbia P&S!!!
I have an interview at Meharry for dental school on March 27!!! So excited!😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀



Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 73
- Views
- 22K