***Official 2008 MD/PhD Matriculation Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on SF. I really think you'll like it out there. SF was my first choice going into the process. I absolutely adore the city (went there for high school) and really like their program, but, alas, I did not receive an interview there. Enjoy the great cheap food, the fog, the sunsets and all the interesting people/culture up there.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on SF. I really think you'll like it out there. SF was my first choice going into the process. I absolutely adore the city (went there for high school) and really like their program, but, alas, I did not receive an interview there. Enjoy the great cheap food, the fog, the sunsets and all the interesting people/culture up there.

Thanks, and holy crap you have a baller mdapps. Harvard and about 10 other consolation prizes, nice work man. What's it gonna be?

Thanks, and holy crap you have a baller mdapps. Harvard and about 10 other consolation prizes, nice work man. What's it gonna be?
I don't think I can turn down harvard, but I won't decide until I revisit a few other places too. Will SF be your first move west? Boston would be my first move east; i'm a bit nervous, but it's a great opportunity to go to a new place and grow up a bit!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm calling it right now, Duke is going to get hot and run through this bracket.

you are so wrong.

but congrats on the decision! i KNOW you'll be superbly happy

I don't think I can turn down harvard, but I won't decide until I revisit a few other places too. Will SF be your first move west? Boston would be my first move east; i'm a bit nervous, but it's a great opportunity to go to a new place and grow up a bit!

Yeah you might as well wait and see if you have any doubt. But major congrats on HMS, that is amazing!

It will be my first move West; I actually grew up in the Midwest. I am really eager to live in a different part of the country, and I'm really excited to move to SF in particular. I'm not interesting in growing up though...what's the rush? :D

Congratumalations Solitude! It's really exciting to see people making decisions after this long harrowing (but very instructive and really kinda fun, no?) process. Hopefully I'm not too far from a final decision myself.

bull**** - you're gonna be sorry you said that..your bracket is gonna be all sorts of messed up

haha well I have Duke winning it all, so if that comes through I'm golden. Otherwise, I'm screwed.

Congrats solitude, you may want to start looking into housing. And good luck to goldsonic, any news recently?

haha well I have Duke winning it all, so if that comes through I'm golden. Otherwise, I'm screwed.

Me too. UNC v Duke in the final. I also think I have the worse possible bracket in the history of march madness brackets.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha thanks bro. You go to UCLA I presume? I'm calling it right now, Duke is going to get hot and run through this bracket.

You have some sweet options, where are you gonna end up for MSTP? Is it down to UCLA vs. UW?

I guess now that the process is winding down, I can say that I went to UCSC. Slugs for the win!!! Also, did anyone else predict the Western Kentucky upset like I did? GTFO me.

Cambridge (UK): Pennquaker08, OncDoc19
Ohio State University: solumanculver
MSSM MSTP: MSTPbound
University of Cincinnati: magwi11
University of Colorado: Mountain Cow
University of Connecticut: GreenMudPhud
University of Illinois at Chicago: mcdavid65
UCSF: Ariodant, solitude

Congrats Soluman. I'm sitting on the waiting list at Ohio State; I hope I have the option to join you next year.

I'll also be a newlywed (July), but my fiance is going back to school in nursing.

I'll also be a newlywed (July), but my fiance is going back to school in nursing.

Congratulations! Has she gotten into the OSU nursing program? My wife has gotten into the MCDB program at OSU ... yeah, we're both nerds.

She hasn't applied to any nursing programs yet. She decided to wait to apply since we have so much going on right now: I'm waiting to hear back from OSU, we're planning the wedding, and we'll both be moving out of our parents' homes (so we're trying to accumulate all of the necessary commodities). Plus we'll need to finance her schooling and we're not quite sure how that will work yet. Congrats on both acceptances. It's great that you could both get into a good program at the same place.

She hasn't applied to any nursing programs yet. She decided to wait to apply since we have so much going on right now: I'm waiting to hear back from OSU, we're planning the wedding, and we'll both be moving out of our parents' homes (so we're trying to accumulate all of the necessary commodities). Plus we'll need to finance her schooling and we're not quite sure how that will work yet. Congrats on both acceptances. It's great that you could both get into a good program at the same place.

Thanks a lot. Good luck!

University of Colorado: Mountain Cow, dendro

Yay Mountain Cow! Now we get to be classmates! I know of two other people at the re-visit who also decided to come to Colorado! :)

Yay Mountain Cow! Now we get to be classmates! I know of two other people at the re-visit who also decided to come to Colorado! :)

Yeeeahh Dendro!!! Glad you are coming.

:hardy::hardy::hardy:

I'm curious to know who the others are. I'm pretty sure I know one of them, but PM me if you get a chance and give me a clue on the other.

UCLA: goldsonic99

CONGRATS goldsonic!!!!

are you going to the normal revisit?

If I don't get into Penn we may very well be classmates!

CONGRATS goldsonic!!!!

are you going to the normal revisit?

If I don't get into Penn we may very well be classmates!

Thanks!

Well I'm rooting for you for Penn but a small part of me will secretly be hoping that we can be classmates. Yeah, I plan to attend the normal revisit both days.

Congrats on your decision goldsonic! I'm sure you will be really happy at UCLA. Too bad I won't see you at revisit - I'm going next week.

Mazel tov, goldsonic!! I guess you weren't too partial to Columbia/NYC?

Thanks! It's too cold out there on the East coast and in the Midwest. I dunno how you all make it...

Funny, I like the cold! California is wayyyy too temperate for me. I like seasons :D.

Funny, I like the cold! California is wayyyy too temperate for me. I like seasons :D.
Me too! Any temperature above 80 degrees is way too hot for me. But then again, I had MORE than my fair share of sweltering heat and humidity as a child, so now all I want to do is avoid all of that.

That's one nice perk of working in a lab in the summer; labs are invariably air-conditioned, and if you're still too warm, there's always the cold-room! :D

Me too! Any temperature above 80 degrees is way too hot for me. But then again, I had MORE than my fair share of sweltering heat and humidity as a child, so now all I want to do is avoid all of that.

That's one nice perk of working in a lab in the summer; labs are invariably air-conditioned, and if you're still too warm, there's always the cold-room! :D

I am not afraid to admit that when I work in lab during the summer I first go into the cold room when I walk into lab to cool down before starting work. There's nothing more uncomfortable than dripping sweat into your reaction mix!

I am not afraid to admit that when I work in lab during the summer I first go into the cold room when I walk into lab to cool down before starting work. There's nothing more uncomfortable than dripping sweat into your reaction mix!

OMG! I do the same thing! My lab-mates thought I was nuts. Nice to know I have company. :D

UCLA: goldsonic99, kingsdynasty

see you soon goldsonic!

see you soon goldsonic!

woohoo UCLA people! Congrats everybody.

see you soon goldsonic!

Congrats kingsdynasty! Let's see how much company we'll get!

congrats on your decisions, ucla-folk!

see you soon goldsonic!

congrats!!

UCLA folk - are either of you doing a summer rotation?

misconception alert: it is rarely above 80 at ucla! now, if you go 10 miles east, it will be 100, but ucla is close enough to the coast that it never gets hot.

congrats!!

UCLA folk - are either of you doing a summer rotation?

As long as one is not required (I believe it's not, correct me if I'm wrong), I will not be doing one. I figure I'll be there for eight years, so I might as well enjoy the last few months I have away from school.

So you are set on UCLA, goldsonic? Congrats on that, and regrets that we don't get you see you at UCSF:(

Harvard-MIT MD-PhD: Dodo23