***Official 2008 Waitlist Movement Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SBBunny

coffee bunny
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Check out the threads from 2007 and 2006.

Good luck everyone :luck::luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

the data from 2007 looks pretty discouraging for some of the schools I am interested in.

What do you want the format to be? Something like:
Accepted from X School and Withdrew from Y School

???

Members don't see this ad :)
Lets devote this thread to waitlist acceptances. There's already a thread for waitlist withdrawals.

Sorry, I didn't mean waitlist withdrawals - I meant actual acceptance withdrawals. In other words, a spot opens up at Y school.

It doesn't matter either way but I'm interested in the latter since I only have one waitlist and no acceptances.

Sorry, I didn't mean waitlist withdrawals - I meant actual acceptance withdrawals. In other words, a spot opens up at Y school.

It doesn't matter either way but I'm interested in the latter since I only have one waitlist and no acceptances.

Nevermind about my request for acceptance withdrawals info. That could make the list pretty ugly. As SBBunny mentioned, let's stick with waitlist acceptances.

So, somebody start already! I would if I had an acceptance! :(

There is a thread on here for this year with post-acceptance withdrawals...I think it's called something like that too, post-waitlist withdrawal. I'll look for it and bump it up, then they will both be on the first page. It's officially nearing the end of April, let the movement begin!

I like the fact SBBunny took the initiative here. Good work! Now, I'm gonna read some data.

So after looking through those threads SBBunny linked up on this thread, I'm gonna ask one of the mods to make this thread a sticky. So once people get good news, they can share it with SDNers. Once again, good luck to us!!!

the data from 2007 looks pretty discouraging for some of the schools I am interested in.

Don't worry, guys! Not everyone who was accepted post-waitlist posted in the official threads. The school-specific threads seem to include more acceptances than the official one.

May 15th is a little over three weeks away. We don't have too much longer to wait. Let's all hope for the best :luck:

yea, 3 waitlists for me (since January) and ZERO acceptances...so hurry up and get here, may 15th!

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Miami (Miami campus): Silkydelicious (WL: 2/22, A: 3/21)

YAY! Congratulations (belated, I suppose), SilkyDelicious :hardy:. You have the honor of the first entry in what will SURELY BE an expansive list of SDN waitlist acceptances!

looks like I'll be frequenting this thread. As I have 5 wait lists, or as I like to call the alternate lists, and no acceptances. Hopefully, I will be posting good news on here soon.

It's funny that I have posted twice on this thread and have not shared my situation with you all. Right now, I got two waitlists and a third school that put me on their very competitive category, meaning a decision will be made on acceptance or waitlist placement in mid-May. And yes, I have 0 acceptances. Well, I hope I see some movement from these schools as it would save me money, effort, and a letdown from having to reapply again.

Let's keep the faith up and good luck to us all!!!:luck::luck::luck:

Albany Medical College: swim2006 (WL: 12/18, A:2/22)
Penn State: swim2006 (WL:late Nov, A: 4/3)

As for me I am wailisted at 3 schools also. SLU, Meharry and Drew/UCLA (My dream school). Its awesome this thread got started so we can share our experiences together. Now I'm not alone in feeling the pain caused by being waitlisted. May 15th come already!!!

2 acceptances, 6 wait lists and still waiting. emailed updates every 3 wks at first, then 2, now at least 1x a week im staying pretty busy. got a 2nd tour of my #1 choice which im waitlisted to.

Wow, that is intense. What kind of content have you been putting into your letters?

2 acceptances, 6 wait lists and still waiting. emailed updates every 3 wks at first, then 2, now at least 1x a week im staying pretty busy. got a 2nd tour of my #1 choice which im waitlisted to.

:wow:

What kind of responses have you been getting from all those letters? Good luck! I hope that your effort pays off and get into your top choice.

1 aceptance, 6 waitlists. (see my profile for more details).
i send update letters about every 3-4 weeks. mostly about me presenting research at various conferences and publication.

5 waitlists with 0 acceptance. I am also waiting for May 15. :(

I have been told that going overboard can definitely backfire.

i have been told that too, but its been actual updates not just filler or anything. ive been really busy.. promotion at work, reelected to leadership in volutneer first aid, submitted a research paper for publication, started writing a political blog, wrote several articles for the new amsa newsletter at rutgers (where i go), i cant think of what else right now.
so far i havent heard anything from the other 6 but i guess my entire application is blemished from some trouble i got into.. i guess a 3.92 gpa doesnt make a difference from making one stupid mistake

I actually send one every day. Sometimes twice a day. I got back a quiz this morning, which I got an A on, and had a letter out within the hour. But then later in the afternoon I asked this really insightful question in class, so I had to send another letter. Tonight, I ripped this amazing fart that made all my buddies laugh. I thought about whipping up a quick letter and running to the post office, but I'm lazy, I'll mention it tomorrow.

Also, don't email the letters: it looks unprofessional. I always have my letters signed, notarized, and sent priority. Took my 5th tour of the dean of admission's neighborhood yesterday...he acts like he doesn't recognize my car when I follow him on his jog, but that's alright, we've never officially met.

I should mention that I was actually rejected, not waitlisted, but I've been told they value persistence. C/o 2012!!!

I actually send one every day. Sometimes twice a day. I got back a quiz this morning, which I got an A on, and had a letter out within the hour. But then later in the afternoon I asked this really insightful question in class, so I had to send another letter. Tonight, I ripped this amazing fart that made all my buddies laugh. I thought about whipping up a quick letter and running to the post office, but I'm lazy, I'll mention it tomorrow.

Also, don't email the letters: it looks unprofessional. I always have my letters signed, notarized, and sent priority. Took my 5th tour of the dean of admission's neighborhood yesterday...he acts like he doesn't recognize my car when I follow him on his jog, but that's alright, we've never officially met.

I should mention that I was actually rejected, not waitlisted, but I've been told they value persistence. C/o 2012!!!
I'm taking notes. Not undertanding "no" FTW

For those of you interested, the waitlist is moving for Columbia. I know someone who got in only a few days ago. Hope this is a good sign for other schools as well! Good luck to everyone! :luck:

For those of you interested, the waitlist is moving for Columbia. I know someone who got in only a few days ago. Hope this is a good sign for other schools as well! Good luck to everyone! :luck:

Whoa! Thanks for the update, OhMae! To THINK that, just a couple days ago, they told that it was still too early for them to make decisions! Harumph.

This month is going by so slow! I am on two wait lists with 0 acceptances. Louisville is supposed to tell us which third of the wait list we are on by the first week of May, but I am hoping they release that a little early. My other school is UK, but I hear getting off the wait list there isn't likely.

Got into Stony brook, WL at NYU and Pitt.
If the waitlist is unranked, does that really mean they look through all 300 applications again?

Got into Stony brook, WL at NYU and Pitt.
If the waitlist is unranked, does that really mean they look through all 300 applications again?

Sometimes it means that they replace the person who dropped out with a person with similar stats/ECs. I know Mayo does that for sure, I think a few other schools do too.

Sometimes it means that they replace the person who dropped out with a person with similar stats/ECs. I know Mayo does that for sure, I think a few other schools do too.

Well, I hope that a couple of quirky, science-loving ladies with a vested interest in global health withdraw from Duke and Columbia!

I am going to perform a shaman dance for Duke... and if that doesn't work, I am going to perform a sacrifice. haha

I should clarify from above, that is a human sacrifice :eek:

Don't think it'll work

Don't think it'll work

It can't hurt... well.... unless the police find out...

else, coffee-loving rabbits.

Medicine needs all the coffee-loving rabbits it can get. If bunnies can manage to do some research (one liter flask vs tiny paws), get clinical experience without being squashed by an ambulance, write a solid application essay, and effectively interview, there's nothing they CAN'T do... as long as there's enough coffee!

I'll bet Bunnicula loves coffee. Should I say loved? How long to bunnies live? How long do vampire bunnies live?

I really like waitlists, I mean, who really wants to have a clue where they'll be next year??

I agree. Living life on the edge is more fun. Future security is overrated anyway.

I really like waitlists, I mean, who really wants to have a clue where they'll be next year??

Same here! Not knowing what city I'm moving to (or when I'm moving) is super fun. I also love how I set some money aside, hoping to use it for a nice vacation, but now I have to spend my summer waiting in my apartment so that I can be quickly accessible by phone, email, and snail mail.

I agree. Living life on the edge is more fun. Future security is overrated anyway.

Yup, nothing like a last minute scramble to make sure you have a place to sleep at night.