***Official 2008 Waitlist Movement Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I get in really late in the process, I may just have to crash in the library until I can find housing.

Members don't see this ad.

UVM:Womialas (I:10/9, W: 11/20, A: 2/21, IS), ladude626 (I: 10/18, W: 11/19, A: 11/27, OOS)
Wright State:scowdeva (I: 1/30, W: 3/14, R: 4/10, OOS)

Apologies for highjacking you're identities to this thread in an underhanded bump, but thank you, it's for the common good.

Albany Medical College: swim2006 (WL: 12/18, A:2/22)
Penn State: swim2006 (WL:late Nov, A: 4/3)
University of Miami (Miami campus): Silkydelicious (WL: 2/22, A: 3/21)
UVM: Womialas (WL: 11/20, A: 2/21, IS), ladude626 (WL: 11/19, A: 11/27, OOS)

Members don't see this ad :)
Albany Medical College: swim2006 (WL: 12/18, A:2/22)
Georgetown: Volley1 (WL: 10/?, a: 1/?), Rydog7898 (WL: 3/?, A:4/?)
Penn State: swim2006 (WL:late Nov, A: 4/3)
University of Miami (Miami campus): Silkydelicious (WL: 2/22, A: 3/21)
UVM: Womialas (WL: 11/20, A: 2/21, IS), ladude626 (WL: 11/19, A: 11/27, OOS)

Like some of you here, my waitlists are now my only shot of getting in to med school. Good luck to us all!

Like some of you here, my waitlists are now my only shot of getting in to med school. Good luck to us all!

Good luck to you Mister Pie! Don't give up! :luck::luck::luck:

(p.s. your username makes me happy)

Thank you! :) I'm glad that my name brings joy. I hope you get into your top choice if you haven't already.

Well, May 15th is a thursday this year. Think the WL will start really moving by the 17th? Or do you think it'll take like a week for the withdrawals to get to the schools, a week for the schools to enter it into their systems, and a week for the schools to pick replacement? Because in that case, we probably shouldn't expect mass movements until end of May/start of june?

Mass movement, sounds so charming.

Well, May 15th is a thursday this year. Think the WL will start really moving by the 17th? Or do you think it'll take like a week for the withdrawals to get to the schools, a week for the schools to enter it into their systems, and a week for the schools to pick replacement? Because in that case, we probably shouldn't expect mass movements until end of May/start of june?

I think that it varies by school... but I think that there will be a quick surge of acceptances in the end of the second full week of May, with a steady flow through the beginning of June... and then probably just a trickle of waitilist acceptances in the next several weeks.

Yeah, but that's just my guess.

Let's make this thread more lively. Part of the process of being on a waitlist is trying desperately to forget about being waitlisted.
[YOUTUBE]mHXBL6bzAR4[/YOUTUBE]
No, I don't care that this is off-topic.

I think that it varies by school... but I think that there will be a quick surge of acceptances in the end of the second full week of May, with a steady flow through the beginning of June... and then probably just a trickle of waitilist acceptances in the next several weeks.

Yeah, but that's just my guess.
Could you plot that on a cartesian coordinate please?

Could you plot that on a cartesian coordinate please?

How about an Excel spreadsheet? I used the 2007 Official Waitlist Thread. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it gives you an idea of the trend.

Attachments

• 2007data.xls
    18.5 KB · Views: 582
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks SBBunny! You're awesome :)
And if you're looking to distract yourself, I highly recommend picking up FF Crystal chronicles Ring of Fates of Puzzlequest or Pictionary for the DS :) Good games!

How about an Excel spreadsheet? I used the 2007 Official Waitlist Thread. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it gives you an idea of the trend.

Thanks SBBunny. Let's become those dots!

SBBunny, you should get off all your waitlists just for having that cute avatar that i want to hug and squeeze ;)

I agree, I think more people would go into the medical field, if that field were filled with cute coffee-drinking bunnies :)

Either that...or we'd all be terrified. come to think of it, I'm not sure which..

Thanks a lot Bunny. That is nice.:)

I need opinions. Do you guys think it puts you at a severe disadvantage if you do not write love letters to the WL schools?

Reason: I'm getting ready to go into finals and I'm lazy.

I need opinions. Do you guys think it puts you at a severe disadvantage if you do not write love letters to the WL schools?

Reason: I'm getting ready to go into finals and I'm lazy.

I think it only makes a difference if it's a letter of intent. If so , then DEFINITELY send one to your school of choice. I think it helps them to know that if they call you up, then they'll have that seat filled for sure. That'll probably matter to them more and more as it gets closer to august. Total speculation on my part though, heh.

Even if your lazy it can just be a short one that clearly tells them you will 100% go.

I just want to clarify something here- if I'm interpreting that Excel sheet correctly, it looks as if somewhere around 80% of SDN acceptances were handed out post-May 15th. Even if that's for people holding multiple acceptances, that's pretty good. Especially among a neurotic pre-med crowd...

Man, this thread really has become hijacked, hasn't it?

I just want to clarify something here- if I'm interpreting that Excel sheet correctly, it looks as if somewhere around 80% of SDN acceptances were handed out post-May 15th. Even if that's for people holding multiple acceptances, that's pretty good. Especially among a neurotic pre-med crowd...

Nah, we're just keeping it alive until may 15th. Haha.

This thread is such a winner.

That's just the SDN *WAITLIST* acceptances. So, yes, you can rest assured that the bulk of this year's waitlist movement is yet to come! Also keep in mind that the data set doesn't represent all waitlist movement or even all SDN waitlist movement. A lot of people posted in the individual school threads (ex: the Duke thread, the Columbia alternate list thread, the VCU thread, whatever) about getting off of the waitlist of their dreams, but didn't feel like posting in the Official 2007 Waitlist Thread. It's a VERY general trend.

That's just the SDN *WAITLIST* acceptances. So, yes, you can rest assured that the bulk of this year's waitlist movement is yet to come! Also keep in mind that the data set doesn't represent all waitlist movement or even all SDN waitlist movement. A lot of people posted in the individual school threads (ex: the Duke thread, the Columbia alternate list thread, the VCU thread, whatever) about getting off of the waitlist of their dreams, but didn't feel like posting in the Official 2007 Waitlist Thread. It's a VERY general trend.

Plus last year was the year that waitlists didn't really move relative to previous years, right?

Hopefully the schools adjusted for this year and we will see much more waitlist movement!

Hey guys, like a lot of people checking in frequently on SDN, my only chance is waitlist. Im on the list at VCU and UMDNJ-Newark (my state is NJ). I known UMDNJ isnt too good on waitlists, do I'm really praying for VCU. I'm OOS-M for VCU. Good luck to you all and pray for me please!!!

Hey guys, like a lot of people checking in frequently on SDN, my only chance is waitlist. Im on the list at VCU and UMDNJ-Newark (my state is NJ). I known UMDNJ isnt too good on waitlists, do I'm really praying for VCU. I'm OOS-M for VCU. Good luck to you all and pray for me please!!!

I hope you get in!!!

Thanks! I'll be hoping and praying. Goodluck to you too. And if you havnt played it yet, try Professor Layton for DS. The game is addicting!

How are other people's straights?

I'm on 2 waitlists and waiting on two schools post-interview.

Maybe we can put together a LOI template here, work on this together, strength in numbers.

I emailed and talked with the admissions people from Creighton and NJMS. At Creighton, the waitlist moves considerably. Usually, 20-30 students are taken off the waitlist every year from a list that has about 200-250 applicants. In addition, one year 100 students were pulled off the list and accepted, according to Mr. Jarmon. the admissions director. Therefore, there is hope for you SDNers on the Creighton list.

On the other hand, NJMS does not have any movement at all. Last year, according to one of the admissions officers, no one was taken and in the year prior, only one student was accepted off of it. Thus, the sentiment here is don't hold your breath.

I'm going to ascertain how RWJMS goes through its HPWL, waitlist, and applicants in the very competitive category.

Good luck Moyoshi! I'm in the same situation. I'm on waitlist for Howard and praying to hear the good news soon. It is my top choice. Good luck to all of us! :)

yes, good luck to everyone here, especially those in the craptastic situation of being waitlisted with NO acceptances!

This thread is awesome :D Yay for everyone being supportive and encouraging! Good luck :luck:

to this thread!! thanks sbbunny for that chart and for the optimism...and obvii your cute avatar =)

has anyone seen the movie Unrest?

Sometimes it means that they replace the person who dropped out with a person with similar stats/ECs.
but i am unique flower and no one can so easily categorize me and so on and so forth...

but i am unique flower and no one can so easily categorize me and so on and so forth...
I agree. Just someone try to hold you down

I guess I can chime in... 3 WLs, no acceptances. I really cannot go through another application year...

Anyone hear from University of Cincinnati or Other Ohio Schools?

yes, good luck to everyone here, especially those in the craptastic situation of being waitlisted with NO acceptances!

I second that sentiment. Here's to hoping every school has great waitlist movement!:thumbup:

Haha, I know it's sad, but I log into my status page for Penn once a week...hoping it'll miraculously say "Accepted" ....

I check my uvm waitlist almost everyday:oops:.
Nothing so far. May is coming and hopelfully we will hear good news in May. Good luck everyone!!:luck:

Yea I check my email on a slightly obsessive basis these days too. The way I have it figured, I'm OOS-M. VCU has 180 spots, 80 of which are OOS and 40 of which are M. Apparently the OOS list moves pretty well, so I'm hoping it works out for me. Good luck to all of you out there too, but dont forget that its not worth it to get super anxious about this.

I had a couple nervous breakdowns last month, but then I took a step back and realized that worst comes to worst, I take a year off. Its not THAT bad. So chin up guys. Remember, we're in it to win it!

Yea I check my email on a slightly obsessive basis these days too. The way I have it figured, I'm OOS-M. VCU has 180 spots, 80 of which are OOS and 40 of which are M. Apparently the OOS list moves pretty well, so I'm hoping it works out for me. Good luck to all of you out there too, but dont forget that its not worth it to get super anxious about this.

I had a couple nervous breakdowns last month, but then I took a step back and realized that worst comes to worst, I take a year off. Its not THAT bad. So chin up guys. Remember, we're in it to win it!
What does that mean? I have always wondered what people mean when they say they have a nervous breakdown... did you scream and cry or something?

great work!

Heh, oh yeah, a year off isn't bad at all! I'm thoroughly enjoying mine!!

yup, like many, I'm also on three waitlists with no acceptances.Beautiful! I actually have begun to truly believe that getting in is impossible. Even if I were to get an offer, the postman would probably lose my mail somewhere. It makes waiting much easier.ummmmmmmmmmmm lets see how that changes in three weeks.

yup, like many, I'm also on three waitlists with no acceptances.Beautiful! I actually have begun to truly believe that getting in is impossible. Even if I were to get an offer, the postman would probably lose my mail somewhere. It makes waiting much easier.ummmmmmmmmmmm lets see how that changes in three weeks.

I'm in the same position here, squirrelking. I have two waitlists and one decision pending from three schools and no acceptances. Just relax and hope for the best!! Good luck!!:luck: