Official 2011 Anesthesiology Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eerapido

EagleEyes
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Time to start it up. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Rumor has it that 100% of the interviews will be handed out by mid-afternoon today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm apparently missing an LOR - hopefully when this finally comes in, I'll be complete. My app is in, though.

Do most programs wait for the MSPE to be submitted prior to giving out interviews?

What actually is the expected time for interviews to start being offered?

What actually is the expected time for interviews to start being offered?

Looking briefly over last year's forum like this, invites started to pick up about 2 weeks after submission.

:eek: I hope you're joking. So far, I just got 1 interview from UNC.

wow, you already have an interview offer from UNC? did they provide interview dates?

I think you win the race for earliest interview invite!

Last edited:
i was looking at some of the interview threads from previous years and noticed a lot more people had interviews by this time.

are people just not posting or are programs taking their time this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
i was looking at some of the interview threads from previous years and noticed a lot more people had interviews by this time.

are people just not posting or are programs taking their time this year?

Been a lurker but figured now is as good of time as any to start posting.

I got an interview from SUNY Downstate on 9/3 last week.

Been a lurker but figured now is as good of time as any to start posting.

I got an interview from SUNY Downstate on 9/3 last week.

You interviewed? Or was it an invite? Are you a SUNY student or rotated through the program?
I actually did not apply there, though - given their history for not interviewing/ranking many students and waiting on the scramble to fill their slots and the malignant nature of the program shunned me from applying there.

Last edited:
You interviewed? Or was it an invite? Are you a SUNY student or rotated through the program?
I actually did not apply there, though - given their history for not interviewing/ranking many students and waiting on the scramble to fill their slots and the malignant nature of the program shunned me from applying there.

Invite

The panic has set in much earlier than usual. Honestly, most PD's have probably only skimmed through a few apps if they have even opened ERAS at all (ERAS only opened a few days ago, right before an extended weekend; most PDs probably have other stuff going on such as either working the holiday weekend or plans with their families/friends). Don't panic until a few weeks from now.

The panic has set in much earlier than usual. Honestly, most PD's have probably only skimmed through a few apps if they have even opened ERAS at all (ERAS only opened a few days ago, right before an extended weekend; most PDs probably have other stuff going on such as either working the holiday weekend or plans with their families/friends). Don't panic until a few weeks from now.

haha, thanks. I'll stop refreshing my ERAS every 5 mins then....

Chloroform4life- UNC, UAB
Gasman0- SUNY downstate
Whatnot11- UAB

Damn, I guess since I applied to one of those programs that's sent out invites - I can cross my name off that list and pin it up to an inevitable rejection :(

SUNY-Downstate: Gasman0
UAB: Chloroform4life, Whatnot11
UNC: Chloroform4life

Last edited:
SUNY-Downstate: Gasman0, linuxgrl
UAB: Chloroform4life, Whatnot11, evenkeel

UAB: Chloroform4life, Whatnot11, evenkeel, Doctor4Life1769

UAB: Chloroform4life, Whatnot11, evenkeel, Doctor4Life1769, flyingdutchman

UAB: Chloroform4life, Whatnot11, evenkeel, Doctor4Life1769, flyingdutchman, WaveEquation

This is the most painful thing I have had to endure in some time. At this point, I have received two acknowledgments of receiving my application, which I got on the second or third of September. Since then I have not received any other emails. I have computer access at all times, which leads to me checking for new emails about every 2 min, it is driving me crazy and I can hardly get any work done! Just needed to vent and I am sure I am not alone.

SUNY-Downstate: Gasman0, linuxgrl, TKTDart
UAB: Chloroform4life, Whatnot11, evenkeel, Doctor4Life1769, flyingdutchman, WaveEquation

This is the most painful thing I have had to endure in some time. At this point, I have received two acknowledgments of receiving my application, which I got on the second or third of September. Since then I have not received any other emails. I have computer access at all times, which leads to me checking for new emails about every 2 min, it is driving me crazy and I can hardly get any work done! Just needed to vent and I am sure I am not alone.

Definitely NOT alone. I am in the exact same boat. 2 notifications....checking email every 2 mins. LOL. Don't worry. They will come. Lots of programs (my own included) do not even being to review apps for another 1-2 weeks.

Gotta get a smart phone, no need to check, they'll come to you!

But I was in your guys' place a year ago, definitely remember the anxiousness/anticipation. When they start coming it's pretty fun definitely.

I got nothing so far. This is quite disheartening.
This is what I get for spending all that money on a smart phone in anticipation! lol

There is not much to do... They need to have some sort of game like Bejeweled on ERAS using different icons or something, so something can fill the time while we wait.

My classmates applying for other specialties are raking in the invites. One already has 5 confirmed.

Hummm... This must be a typical anesthesiology thing. 10 seconds of sheer terror and 5 hours of boredom. =)

It is all about the preparation for the future.

Vent! Vent! Vent! The more you keep it inside, the more it will drive you crazy!

:D

It seems slower this yr compared to past yrs, but Im sure they will start roling in soon enough. I got off work early and thought maybe I would have heard something. Not only have I heard nothing since last week, but I had a total of 0 new emails. So apparently the silence is spreading to everything...

UAB: Chloroform4life, Whatnot11, evenkeel, Doctor4Life1769, flyingdutchman, WaveEquation, soonergrl
UNC: Chloroform4life, soonergrl
Florida: soonergrl

It's good to know that most people haven't gotten interviews and so far no one has gotten interviews to the schools I applied to. I was starting to feel like I was never going to get one :( My boyfriend has to keep me from refreshing my email every 2 minutes =P
Applied to 28 schools and 14 prelims. Fingers are crossed that SOMETHING comes in next week. Oh, has anyone who applied to Columbia, Cornell, Northwestern, or UT Houston had their application downloaded? They still havent retreived my app.

I applied to burger king just incase I don’t have a job next year. They offered me an INTERVIEW does that count.

Burger King: JSCKVC
UAB: Chloroform4life, Whatnot11, evenkeel, Doctor4Life1769, flyingdutchman, WaveEquation, soonergrl
UNC: Chloroform4life, soonergrl

UNC: Chloroform4life, soonergrl, asdfjkl1

Has anyone gotten a rejection from UNC?

Ive been lurking on here for years, so I figure ill jump in

UNC: Chloroform4life, soonergrl, asdfjkl1
University of Rochester: BEMD

Oh, has anyone who applied to Columbia, Cornell, Northwestern, or UT Houston had their application downloaded? They still havent retreived my app.

Nothing downloaded by UT Houston on my ERAS.

Are courtesy interviews worthless, or is it possible to land a spot?

I'd imagine that they are helpful as long as you make a good impression while you are there.

I was wondering if it would be wise to cancel an "audition" rotation that is scheduled in November at a program that hasn't offered you an interview beforehand.