Official 2011 APhA Conference in Seattle, Washington Topic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to the APhA conference? I'm thinking about going since the school is probably gonna cover a big chunk of the costs and its a valid excuse to miss APPE time (I'm not looking forward to my Community APPE starting next month, wish that you could skip the Community APPE if you showed some proof of retail work experience).

Members don't see this ad.

They couldn't have waited for the Mariners to start playing....lame.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be there. I arrive Friday afternoon, leave Monday afternoon.

I thought it starts Friday morning? I guess you don't have to go for the whole thing right? Me and the people organizing were having an argument based on what flights we should take, IMO the best thing if we wanted to be there for the start of the conference at 9AM on Friday, we would take the 8PM EST from NYC, get to Seattle at 1130 PST and then check in and get some more sleep the night before it starts.

They couldn't have waited for the Mariners to start playing....lame.

Eh, I was hoping that they would do the conference in Miami. The Ultra Music Festival is happening the same weekend.

I'm flying into Sea on Thursday around noon and then taking the redeye back to the eastcoast (Maine) late Monday. I'll be presenting a poster there too on safe disposal med practicies of health care providers in an ambulatory setting. Poster #126. I have to be by the poster Saturday from 12 to 3 if anyone wants to chit chat.

I'm flying into Sea on Thursday around noon and then taking the redeye back to the eastcoast (Maine) late Monday. I'll be presenting a poster there too on safe disposal med practicies of health care providers in an ambulatory setting. Poster #126. I have to be by the poster Saturday from 12 to 3 if anyone wants to chit chat.

Cool. I'll stop by :)

I will be flying into Seattle by noon on Friday and then flying out Wednesday afternoon. I'm mainly there to present some summer research on the relationship between economic hardship and medication adherence. I'll be poster #15, and like Ritalin, I'll be around for the poster presentation from 12:30PM to 2:30PM on Saturday. So, feel free to stop by and putz about the life, or any random subject, or even the poster. I'm sure I'd love to have some company.

--Garfield3d

I'll be flying into Seattle at around 8:00 pm Friday (I know it's late, but I have an exam that afternoon, and the only flight out is at around 7 :( ) I'd love to meet some SDNers there, and I'll definitely stop by to chat with the poster presenters.

Can't wait! :)

Could some of the people that have gone in the past explain to some of us who haven't gone what it is like and whether or not they found the trip worthwhile, etc.? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I will see ya'll tomorrow @ 1pm. Look for me! I will be wearing purpleeeee shirt + grey suit. Prolly the only latina from the UoFA. Holy crapola I love Seattle. OK time for bed for real.

I will see ya'll tomorrow @ 1pm. Look for me! I will be wearing purpleeeee shirt + grey suit. Prolly the only latina from the UoFA. Holy crapola I love Seattle. OK time for bed for real.

Too many girls wearing a purple shirt with a grey suit today, lol. Me and my schoolmates are probably gonna go to the Space Needle in a couple of hours.

OK, I am going to the region 8 caucus and house of delegates first session. I have long curly hair and I am carrying a black/blue SDN portfolio ;) come find me! If you see anyone from UofA, just ask them where I am... If you seriously want to meet up, send me a PM.

OK, I am going to the region 8 caucus and house of delegates first session. I have long curly hair and I am carrying a black/blue SDN portfolio ;) come find me! If you see anyone from UofA, just ask them where I am... If you seriously want to meet up, send me a PM.

Yep, I'm going to the caucus also but whatever is the region for NY. I'm wearing a purple shirt/purple tie, black jacket and jeans.

All of this makes me wish I was there :(

It's been decent so far, but I haven't gone to too many things because not everything is in the convention center. I liked the residency showcase but it seemed to be more catered to community pharmacy residencies (I had no idea these existed.) Our Dean was here as well as one of our law professors who had a poster presentation.

The only thing is that the people I've come with from my school have a bunch of exams next week and feel like studying instead of going to this party tonight. It's gonna feel weird going to this thing without a wingman or a wingwoman.

The only thing is that the people I've come with from my school have a bunch of exams next week and feel like studying instead of going to this party tonight. It's gonna feel weird going to this thing without a wingman or a wingwoman.

If you talk as much and comfortably as you do on SDN, I don't think you'd have trouble meeting those pharmacy students.